• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

New Zelda supposedly in works

Dakare

Deus Ex Machina
I found this when looking around, and while it is short, it is from Joystiq and they are fairly reliable. Looks like we might get to sink our teeth into a new Wii Zelda game in the next year or two.

That article is from December of last year...

Anyway, I guess another Zelda game for the Wii within the next few years can be very possible.

Haha, yeah, I know it's old, but nobody posted anything about it, so I figured why not? Wow, too many commas on that one...

Well then... If there's a new Zelda Game in the works, we better keep on looking for more information. Me and Dakare will search online, and others can ask around the game stores... I don't know; thought I be bored... ;)

Haha, like anybody is gonna listen to you... And don't you supposedly "work" for Nintendo, so shouldn't you know all about it? Hahahahahaha......

So anyway, what does everybody think this game is gonna be like? Better than TP? Or is it gonna be to TP as MM was to OoT: a good game, but over shadowed by the previous one?

Video games should be better than the last installment (unlike movies), but I think Nintendo might be milking the franchise too much. How many more good Zelda games can they pop out?

Video games should be better than the last installment (unlike movies), but I think Nintendo might be milking the franchise too much. How many more good Zelda games can they pop out?
Nintendo is the master of making old game franchises new again.

As for a new installment, I've heard nothing outside of a few comments by Miyamoto that they were considering creating a Zelda game built for Wii from the ground up. In past interviews, it has also been mentioned that TP will have been the last Zelda game of its kind. What the exact meaning of that is, that is the real mystery ;).

Nintendo is the master of making old game franchises new again.

As for a new installment, I've heard nothing outside of a few comments by Miyamoto that they were considering creating a Zelda game built for Wii from the ground up. In past interviews, it has also been mentioned that TP will have been the last Zelda game of its kind. What the exact meaning of that is, that is the real mystery ;).
Hmm... Maybe it's a Zelda sports game!!:eek:

Gee, I hope not. I would lose all trust in Nintendo if they did with Zelda as they did with Mario (Sports games, raceing games, party games, etc.). I'm fine with Link, Zelda, and company being in SSB and if they turned SSB into sports games and racing games I wouldn't mind AS MUCH. I would be dissapointed, but I wouldn't really mind.

Anyway, back on topic: I think TP might be the last "stand alone" Zelda game. Basically the next ones we see might continue on the last game (literally take the save file from the last game), we might see downloadable content, and we might see Zelda using the console's options to their fullest extent.

Maybe the next game will be more modern, such as Hyrule Castle Town now expanding most of Hyrule, and much more advanced (no guns though).

I still stand my idea of Link's son starring in a game. A hero named Link in Green Clothes over and over is fun, but I think a new hero with different clothes doing SOMETHING NEW is a good idea.

Hey, maybe that's what he meant. A game without Ganon as the main bad guy. An I realize that there have been games like that, but I mean the LAST one to feature Ganon might have been TP.

EDIT: New Zelda "game" headed for stores Nov. 19th. It's packaged with the Wii Zapper. Details found here. Looks kinda interesting, but this is kinda odd that they chose Zelda to make a little game like this rather than Mario or Wario or Samus or somebody else.

I at least hope they have the TP graphics for it, or else that would just be lame. I think it might actually be slightly good, though.

Yeah, that is pretty amusing.

So if it uses te Zapper that means it will use the nunchuk as well, so what do you guys think the control setup will be like?

Not necessarily, it could very well be a Zapper only title. My prediction, especially seeing as it is coming free is a game little more than target practice merged with Zelda. Now, do not take that the wrong way, I'm certain there will be loads of fun throughout the game, I just don't see Nintendo putting a huge amount of depth in a title they are releasing for free.

*Do not use Wii Sports as a reference please; the game was only packaged free for the US.*

Think they'll put anything in there if you have a TP save file on the Wii? That would be interesting.

And did the article say that it was free? I thought it just said they were packaging it with the Zapper, not that it was free with the Zapper. And also, the Zapper is a housing for the Wiimote/Nunchuk combo, so I would think it would use the Nunchuk somehow, if not just for the Z and C buttons.

Basically every Legend of Zelda site shares the same criteria for a game to review and post a section about. Mainly, the game in question needs to fulfill all of the following:
  1. Contribute to the Zelda Timeline
  2. Provide an adventure with many dungeons, puzzles, and collectibles
  3. Published by Nintendo
  4. Must not be an add-on game *Like Four Swords, or this proposed game*
I have been considering making an "other" section for games that do not meet this criteria, although I'm looking to get the normal sections done before I do that. Rest assured, Zelda Sages will still provide and news, tips, whatever if so desires and/or found ;).

Back