• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Nintendo NX and Zelda Wii U Delayed

ZeldaGuardian

The Great Sage of The Seven Sages
A lot of changes and announcements were made at the end of last year and rolled right into this year. Here's what I know thus far...

Nintendo NX - Nintendo President, Tatsumi Kimishima, later confirmed that the newest console is being pushed back to as far as March of 2017. For all of us Nintendo Veterans, it's nothing really new. After the years of the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo Wii U being pushed from their original dates of release, we have kinda come to the terms of Nintendo pushing back their newest updates to later dates. However, from what I have learned, the Nintendo NX may be a double system. We all know that the Nintendo Wii U brought forth the newest concept of simultaneous playing between the TV and the Game-Pad. With Nintendo NX, that may not be the case. With the Nintendo 3DS slowly fading into the handheld background, I've learned that Nintendo may introduce another new concept. It's creating a handheld unit for the Nintendo NX that will also be a portable device. If this new handheld unit for the Nintendo NX can be portable, can we safely assume that this handheld unit of Nintendo NX is the true successor to the Nintendo 3DS?? Only time will tell what Nintendo has in store for us. The Nintendo NX will not be making its appearance at the E3, however it is rumored to make an appearance later this year. I can't honestly wait to see what Nintendo has in store for us.

Zelda Wii U - We finally learned of the new Legend of Zelda game that was going to be introducing a vastly large open-world style map, something that Bethesda has made popular with the Elder Scrolls games (Oblivion, Skyrim, and ESO). Many of the Zelda fans were super excited to learn of this new concept that would definitely bring a whole new level of playing to the Zelda World. We soon were told that there was a release date of March of 2017... However, I have learned that the date may no longer be in play. I recently gathered intel that Nintendo has changed their date from "March of 2017" to simply "2017". However, we shouldn't be discouraged. If you recall, they did something similar to another Zelda game. Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess's Gamecube debut was pushed back, just soo that Twilight Princess could be released on the Nintendo Wii. It was a smart move, as it gained a lot more gamers to obtain the Nintendo Wii, especially us Nintendo Veterans. I know I personally bought he Nintendo Gamecube and Nintendo Wii version. Then I later purchased the Nintendo Wii U version.

Soo, given what we know... What does the future hold in store for us?? What does Nintendo have hiding in their treasure chests?? I'm thoroughly excited and wanting to know more. However, don't be discouraged. I will be keeping you up-to-date with the latest Nintendo findings. Until next time, I am The Great Sage saying: "Good Night and Game On."

Back