• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Rock Band

True that. One reason I love it is because I get to interact with awesome songs. And I'm the type of guy that doesn't like spending a butt-load of money on something if I might not get into it (i.e: instruments).

I don't understand the allure of the recent music game surge. Following different colored commands is now fun? No thanks.
I think the main reason this is seeing a surge in popularity is that the video game market is expanding beyond the 'hard core'. If a person who's really into music hears about a game that lets them participate in a meaningful way with songs they know and like, and they already have the system it runs on, they are likely to buy it. The most enjoyable part of music is playing a song just how it is supposed to sound, and while modern music games don't actually teach you the instrument, they replicate the euphoric rush of "that's my favorite song and I JUST MADE IT HAPPEN!"

I think the main reason this is seeing a surge in popularity is that the video game market is expanding beyond the 'hard core'. If a person who's really into music hears about a game that lets them participate in a meaningful way with songs they know and like, and they already have the system it runs on, they are likely to buy it. The most enjoyable part of music is playing a song just how it is supposed to sound, and while modern music games don't actually teach you the instrument, they replicate the euphoric rush of "that's my favorite song and I JUST MADE IT HAPPEN!"
It's actually very sad, especially when you read that last sentence two or three times.

rock band, you have four different game types u can play, guitar, drums, and bass. When you get bored with one then you can switch.. so i'd say ROCK BAND.

I definitely agree, Versac. Yoyolll, I too think it is sad.
I used to, but I've finally realized:

rock_band.png

It's actually a lot of fun at its most basic level. The A-holes who actually do think that playing GH/RB makes them a real rocker can just go ****** ********* and *** *****. Nobody likes them.

I played Rock Band on the 360, and it's an awesome game, but the one thing I didn't like was that the guitar strum bar seemed too stiff. It seemed like it required a little more effort to strum it

I played Rock Band on the 360, and it's an awesome game, but the one thing I didn't like was that the guitar strum bar seemed too stiff. It seemed like it required a little more effort to strum it
Strumming a guitar isn't nearly as effortless as it looks. The strings put up some resistance.

Strumming a guitar isn't nearly as effortless as it looks. The strings put up some resistance.
But the point isn't to simulate a real guitar! The point is just to make the game fun, and the Rock Band guitar is a lot stiffer than the Guitar Hero one we're all* used to.

*we all excludes those who aren't

I agree. I've only played the game once though so i can imagine that i'll get used to it if i get it. At this point in time, i wanna get it... does anyone know when it's being released for the Wii?

Am I the only person that thinks Guitar is easier in Rock Band than in Guitar Hero? Cause I can play on expert kinda well in Rock Band when I played it for the first time? (When I can barely due Hard on GH)

Am I the only person that thinks Guitar is easier in Rock Band than in Guitar Hero? Cause I can play on expert kinda well in Rock Band when I played it for the first time? (When I can barely due Hard on GH)
Define "kinda well". And what song were you playing?

I agree. I've only played the game once though so i can imagine that i'll get used to it if i get it. At this point in time, i wanna get it... does anyone know when it's being released for the Wii?

I have no idea when it's being released. And nice new Sig. Cept for the part where you cut off part of the Rabbids ear (Yes that's their names) Me and 2 other guys are actually making Raving Rabbid costumes to wear to this big anime convention down in Baltimore in August. Complete with plungers

I have no idea when it's being released. And nice new Sig. Cept for the part where you cut off part of the Rabbids ear (Yes that's their names) Me and 2 other guys are actually making Raving Rabbid costumes to wear to this big anime convention down in Baltimore in August. Complete with plungers
Thank you. It'd be nice if i could blend it into the zeldasages skin better but ah well... To stay kinda on topic, i tried to put in a guitar hero character (you know, the animated person holding the guitar) but it didnt really fit. :)

Thank you. It'd be nice if i could blend it into the zeldasages skin better but ah well... To stay kinda on topic, i tried to put in a guitar hero character (you know, the animated person holding the guitar) but it didnt really fit. :)

Yeah I can see. With all the stuff that's already in it. And I plan on uploading the pictures from Otakon of me in the Rabbid suit, so I'm probably gonna link those when we go

its true. people hav proved it. my friend plays expert on rock band, but cant 5 star gh songs on medium

It comes out like the last day of my school year or around there... so this should occupy a good portion of my summmer :D

Back