• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Smash Bros Characters

animaldude

Sage in Training
I've been playing Melee all day in preperation for Brawl and I was wondering what everyone's favorite characters are. I like Captain Falco and Link the best. I'm really good with link. And then what do you guys think you will use as your main in Brawl? I'll probably stick with Link or Meta Knight looks pretty sick...

Well, I main Link (ridiculously long and poewrful combos FTW) and Marth, and I also use Falco, Fox, Kirby, Ness, Zelda, and on occasion, Yoshi.

For Brawl, I am most looking foward to playing: Sonic, Meta Knight, Link, Pit, and Dedede.

I own the field with fast characters (mainly Sheik) who can get in some strikes, retreat, and then go back for more. The only problem is that speedy characters are normally pretty light, so they're easier to knock out the stage. This is really a problem with those rediculously long combos of Link, who is my brother's best fighter.

I like Captain Falco and Link the best. I'm really good with link.
Do you mean Captain Falcon, Falco, or both?

I stick with Aerial Dominance and Quick, Strong Attacks, mainly Falco, (Fighter) Jigglypuff (don't judge me), Link, and the occaisonal Pichu or Samus.

I'm looking foward to the revamped Fox (Landmaster Tank!), Sonic, Link, and Samus (Zero Suit Samus's Speed looks to be promising).

I actually meant Falcon but my N button has decided to not cooperate with me lately so that could've bee the reason.

Definately Capton Falcon. He's fast and hard to knock off the stage.

Also, I like Fox sooooooo much better than Falco. Falco's so freakin slow compared to him, and his b+up and b+side doesn't go as far (don't tell me you tried it and it was the same because I tried it too!). And his pistol doesn't shoot nearly as fast either. Fox just kicks Falco's ***.

Do you mean Captain Falcon, Falco, or both?

I stick with Aerial Dominance and Quick, Strong Attacks, mainly Falco, (Fighter) Jigglypuff (don't judge me), Link, and the occaisonal Pichu or Samus.

I'm looking foward to the revamped Fox (Landmaster Tank!), Sonic, Link, and Samus (Zero Suit Samus's Speed looks to be promising).
Fox is supposedly downgraded from his top-tier status in Brawl (Top tier for Melee is Fox/Falco, high tier being Marth, Shiek, and Peach), so I'd be wary of him.

I loathe having to use Captain Falcon, except shen I am screwing around by throwing around Falcon Punches, and hearing him say: "Falcuun... PAWNCH!" or "Show me your moves!"

I like Fox too, the speed is really useful sometimes. But other times, I like a little extra power. Who I choose really depends on how I feel at the moment...

Falcon is such a great character:
He's super fast, you can survive to like 175% if you're an average player, and he has some of the most powerful moves in the game.

What are the advantages of Zero Suit Samus? Besides speed.
She has the whip thing which lets her grab onto ledges, and a slightly higher jump, but has more damage dealt towards her.

As to Capt Falcon, I don't like using him because his B move takes to long, he has kinda sucky jumping ability.

Neither Samus or Falco are all that great.

Its fun to laugh in the face of n00bs who try to hit you with Samus's energy cannon from across the stage.

Ha. Haha. No.

*dodge*

Neither Samus or Falco are all that great.

Its fun to laugh in the face of n00bs who try to hit you with Samus's energy cannon from across the stage.

Ha. Haha. No.

*dodge*
I love the look on people's faces when they play Samus to my Marth, as I use Counter to deflect every single one of their projectile attacks away... So funny...

I love the look on people's faces when they play Samus to my Marth, as I use Counter to deflect every single one of their projectile attacks away... So funny...

Haha, thats good too :)

Or if you have good reflexes and you have fox or falco....using their counter sheild to bounce it back when they're close to you

or using nes's sheild thing to heal.

Nah, what's really funny is when Link's boomerang cancels out a full charge plasma blast from Samus. Or just letting it hit his shield that blocks everything. I swear, those Hylian shields must be made out of titanium. Or when I get really, REALLY lucky and hit the shield button at exactly the right moment to deflect a blast back at its shooter. That always elicits a few "colorful metaphors".

Either way, my characters are typically Zelda/Sheik, depending on my opponent, or Link. I rarely stray away from them, but it's my intention with Brawl to stop specializing.

Fox is supposedly downgraded from his top-tier status in Brawl (Top tier for Melee is Fox/Falco, high tier being Marth, Shiek, and Peach), so I'd be wary of him.

I loathe having to use Captain Falcon, except shen I am screwing around by throwing around Falcon Punches, and hearing him say: "Falcuun... PAWNCH!" or "Show me your moves!"

I like Fox too, the speed is really useful sometimes. But other times, I like a little extra power. Who I choose really depends on how I feel at the moment...
I would be very careful of listing the best characters in the game. Everybody has some critical disadvantage that is easily exploited by the right matchup. But seriously, Peach as a good character?!? Sure, she can fly, but other than that she sucks!

Definately Capton Falcon. He's fast and hard to knock off the stage.

Also, I like Fox sooooooo much better than Falco. Falco's so freakin slow compared to him, and his b+up and b+side doesn't go as far (don't tell me you tried it and it was the same because I tried it too!). And his pistol doesn't shoot nearly as fast either. Fox just kicks Falco's ***.
Falco's blaster does much more damage and has a knockback effect. Falco's b+up does more damage. Falco doesn't need to go as far with his b+up as he just jumps better. Simple as that.

Marth, Marth, and a side of Marth, please. Marth can quite easily counter any close range attack, and has the best melee range in the game. Unlike Roy, who does more damage the closer his opponent is, Marth does max damage with the tip of his blade. Marth can kill with a smash before his opponent could even touch him.

Marth does, of course, have his weakness. He totally lacks a ranged attack. This becomes a major problem fighting, say, Samus, who has no incentive to allow him to get close. Against that kind of opponent, I'd rather use Falco, but Fox works about as well.

Finally, if I'm just looking to have fun, I'll choose Mewtwo. Sure, he's slow and easy to knock out of the arena, but he's just so much gosh darn fun to play. Not to mention his insta-kill throw at +100%

Back