• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Smash Bros Characters

I used to use Ganondorf, Link, and Samus.

I realized Ganondorf was a clone of Falcon, but I always had trouble controlling Falcon's speed.

I used to use Ganondorf, Link, and Samus.

I realized Ganondorf was a clone of Falcon, but I always had trouble controlling Falcon's speed.
Those are all strong but slow characters. Especially Ganondorf. And some people say Samus is fast, but I really don't think so.

Ultima, I have to disagree with the whole tier thing. I don't care if there's a list, they even said it's the eighth list to date. So that list means basically nothing. Also, the way you tried to make it seem, is that anyone who uses the top tier people will be better. But that's complete bull. It's like saying somebody using a 250cc bike will beat somebody using a 125cc bike in a race.

I use Shiek all the way! Ask Versac or Slyguy. They've played me
I'll admit, you're quite good. Good enough to beat me 2-for-2 that is; but I'm better at adapting to a person's strategy over a stretch of games.

Until we meet again.

Oh yhea, the point of this post: that list is utter bull****. Official bull****, but still bull****.

Meh, who cares about a tier list. I just found out that Falco was the best by using him to win about ... 10 strait 4 man free-for-alls with my friends (including Ultima, before he found Marth and used only Link).

I'll admit, you're quite good. Good enough to beat me 2-for-2 that is; but I'm better at adapting to a person's strategy over a stretch of games.

Until we meet again.

Oh yhea, the point of this post: that list is utter bull****. Official bull****, but still bull****.

Yea I beat you when you played as Marth, and then as Falco. My friend always uses Marth, whom I have never beaten, but I learned to develop strategies for fighting Marth.

Yea I beat you when you played as Marth, and then as Falco. My friend always uses Marth, whom I have never beaten, but I learned to develop strategies for fighting Marth.
I dunno, your use of Sheik's air moves got me good on Marth, but I was winning 5-4 on a 7 life with Falco......... and then I screwed up big time. Just wait 'till Brawl Wi-Fi...

So, Link. Discuss. Strong? Overpowered? Slow? Stupidly useful up+b?

Link has a strong Aerial A-Smash Down, the Sword-Plant, makes him useful for battles, and his combination of strong melee and somewhat ok range with the bow and the boomerang.

Link is strong but nowhere near overpowered. He is a little slow, but he has a pretty good roll so if you can take advantage of that, he has all the speed you need for close combat. He doesn't need the speed for long range, so you don't have to worry about that.

Yes, Up+B on Link is my favorite 'recovery move', and is incredibly useful. Sword Plant is difficult to pull off against a good opponent, and it usually isn't worth it in the end, unless it is a definate KO, otherwise it leaves you exposed, as I learned via computer players recently...>_>

Link is a beast in close combat. Great sword attacks, and he can link together amazing combos very quickly. One of my favorites is, when they have some damage, hit them with the boomerang to stun them for a second, then immediately hookshot them. Throw them up, and then Jump+Up A, which is so much more useful than Sword Plant, they get knocked for a loop, and if they come down anywhere near you, you can hit them with another Jump+Up A, which hits them higher and higher. Just watch out for the obvious counter attack in mid-air, or if you want to stay on the ground, watch for them landing and prepare another attack for them.

I really only like his up throw, but I still use the others when I want to put together other combos. Or when I'm really close to the edge of the stage, and throw them off. =P

Overall, I think Link is a little slower than desired, but his weight and bulkiness are great. He is versitaille, and is great at close and ranged combat, the prior being his better. He has an excellent ability to chain combos together, utilizing his sword, bombs, bow, boomerang, and hookshot to deal ridiculous sums of damage in a relatively short time. While being much better on the ground, I think he has a couple of decent aerial moves. He has a great grab with long range, the only problem being you being exposed for a second if it misses...

There, I tried to discuss him as well as I could and as briefly as I could from playing him as much as I have...

Also Sly, the only thing you've EVER beaten me more then 3-4 times in a row that I can think of is Metroid Prime 2. But definately not SSBM...

EDIT: Versac, I have just confirmed one of your fears from the other thread:

Ike's Special Moves
Standard Special Move
Eruption
Side Special Move
Quick Draw
Up Special Move
Aether
Down Special Move
Counter
Final Smash
Great Aether