• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

The Burn Journals

mr.cuddles

Loftwing
Hey everybody and im reading the burn journals by brent ryon and i have to give a book report about it and i dont now how to aproach it cause my teacher wont let go into depth about how and y did he try to commit suicide and that is basicly the story line about the book so how to i aprouch this without giving out a lot of that information.

You're reading Burn Journals?!

Yes, I had a choice to read Burn Journals for a memoir project in my AP Language class (I ended up choosing a far more comical book, David Sedaris' Me Talk Pretty One Day, for that project.) However, we spent about a week analyzing each other classmates' book, so I have some advice :).

Rather then looking at everything as stale and to the point, try broadening your reasoning a bit. When I say this, look at the way in which he writes the book. Talk about how there are literally spots where there are four or five blank pages in a row and following with a page with only one line of text on it. Try to explain why these relate to what was going through his mind and how he felt during each event. There are a boatload of possible subjects to write about, although there's just one suggestion rather than simply plot summarizing. Big picture = good *btw, I've been brainwashed by my English teacher :D*.

Back