• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

The Question of the Gods!

Pirates vs. Ninja What is better?

• Total voters

i am a teddy

Graverobber
What are better, Pirates or Ninjas?

List reasons fools, for my friend and I are having a debate and I need support! I will refrain from listing my answer for a while as to not disrupt the polls -.-

Pirates FTW.

Wikipedia said:
According to the Pastafarian belief system, pirates are "absolute divine beings" and the original Pastafarians. Their image as "thieves and outcasts" is misinformation spread by Christian theologians in the Middle Ages and Hare Krishnas. Pastafarianism says that they were in fact "peace-loving explorers and spreaders of good will" who distributed candy to small children, and adds that modern pirates are in no way similar to "the fun-loving buccaneers from history." Pastafarians celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day on September 19.

... Henderson put forth the argument that "global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters are a direct effect of the shrinking numbers of pirates since the 1800s." A chart accompanying the letter shows that as the number of pirates decreased, global temperatures increased; the absurdity of this demonstrates how statistically significant correlations do not imply a causal relationship (see confounding).
FSM_Pirates.png
You can't say the Pirate to GAT doesn't make sense.

[edit]
PS, someone please lock this thread. This is sooo 2007. -.-

a ninja has far more training and skill and so could easily kill most any pirate. I don't get what all the fuss is about.

Are you kidding me!? Real ninjas were amazing! They could do anything!

They had stealth and were good fighters. They didn't need anything like chakra! GOOD ninjas don't need it.

From Wikipedia

"Though typically classified as assassins, many of the ninja were warriors in all senses"

"Hattori Hanzo, one of the most well-known ninja, is depicted in armor similar to that of a samurai"

And if the ninja were so great, then why did they die out

Real ninjas were, in a sense, terrorists. They were pesants that were fed up with the system and they used scare tactics and illusions to make it seem like they were magical.

Real pirates on the other hand used the government to their advantage and were hired as privateers to plunder and sink enemy ships. Then they were rewarded with government positions.

So looking at the real ones, not the movie ones, pirates are sooo much cooler.

Real ninjas were, in a sense, terrorists. They were pesants that were fed up with the system and they used scare tactics and illusions to make it seem like they were magical.

Real pirates on the other hand used the government to their advantage and were hired as privateers to plunder and sink enemy ships. Then they were rewarded with government positions.

That may be true, but the beauty about pirates is that they had no rules. Some didn't serve the government and pillaged and plundered as much as they could. And you could always tell who was a skilled pirate and who was not: pending on whether or not they were alive.

Here is what it really comes down to:

If you could choose to be one, which would it be? A pirate of course! No rules, pillage, plunder, booze, and babes! Being a ninja is far too hard.

The first ninjas were indeed pissed peasants, but the later ones were contract killers.

The first pirates were murderous thieves, but the later ones were contract pillagers.

pissed peasants > murderous thieves

contract killers > contract pillagers

The math seems pretty simple to me.

If you could choose to be one, which would it be? A pirate of course! No rules, pillage, plunder, booze, and babes! Being a ninja is far too hard.
I would choose to be a ninja, as they aren't friggin samurai! Just because they're Japanese does not mean they are bound to the code of Bushido! Ninjas do what they want!

As for the effort level, I will grant you that being a good ninja is far harder than being a good pirate, but I'd rather be good at ninjitsu than sailing.

One final point FTW: Batman is a ninja.

such controversial conversations out of a tiny little poll?! and by the way....the pirates would whoop the ninjas anyday

The question was actually "which is better". I'd rather be a Pirate becauuse it is less effort. But I think Ninjas are cooler because they actually have to work, train, etc. I think I have a little more respect for them...

I'd definitely be a pirate, that's fun:rape, pillage, murder.

But ninjas are so much cooler.

Back