• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Top 10 Games Of All Time

I like mortal kombat but I think Super Smash is better, and alpha fighters and soul caliber 2 are close.

no way man. Super Smash is NOTHING compared to MK.

Think about it...

1) Super Smash all you get to do is have a few simple techniques while beating the hell out of your opponent as much as possible. While MK acutally has a certain finess and by that I mean that moves are more complicated and yet the more you do them and the more you know is makes the fighting like a work of art.

2) the Graphics. Basically the same as the fighting style but in Super Smash yes. there are some good graphics but that mostly depends on the angle of the camera. But I guess with this fitting with the fighting style makes the game as good as it is. But in MK there's so much in anything you do. Whether you're throwing up a puddle of mud as Bo Rai Cho or throwing someone in between two spikes cylinders as anyone else. It's all AWESOME!!!

any thoughts?

Well, I personally think that you cannot compare SSB and MK because they are two different types of fighting games. While MK is a traditional arcade fighter, SSB is more of a party fighter, meaning it is built around multiplayer. Not to mention so far there have only been two (soon to be three) SSB games and MK has had at least thirty games in it's series.

Well, I personally think that you cannot compare SSB and MK because they are two different types of fighting games. While MK is a traditional arcade fighter, SSB is more of a party fighter, meaning it is built around multiplayer. Not to mention so far there have only been two (soon to be three) SSB games and MK has had at least thirty games in it's series.
Agreed. Notice the ratio between character size and stage size. SSB focuses on maneuvering and dodging with well-placed strikes whereas MK relies more on button mashing and reflexes. I prefer SSB because it takes a bit more thought at the higher levels of play, and finess is key to staying alive. You can afford to take the lesser hits due to a damage-based system instead of health gauges as long as you can avoid the decisive strikes.

Back