• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

TP's b.s. ending *spoilers if you haven't finished*.

yoyolll

Conspiracy Theorist
The ending to Twilight Princess was, in my opinion, very bad.

Even after the credits are done there are so many loose ends: Ganon is still standing with the master sword in his chest; Hyrule castle is destroyed; and as for Link's prize, Midna is too tall, Ilia is too young, and he has no chance with Zelda, this time.

I suggest something like this: after you beat Ganon, everyone loves you and you're a hero, the kids are home and everything is back to normal, and if you go into any of the boss rooms in the dungeons it asks you if you want to fight the boss again.

That would create a problem with Midna and the castle but it's better than the actual ending.

The ending contains a great deal of symbolism and interpretation which must be understood to enjoy the ending.

Firstly, Ganondorf died, plain and simple :). Zant appears having his neck snapped in a final vision of Ganondorf's, symbolizing Zant's death as well as his own. You will also notice Ganondorf's eyes turn white and he sinks into death.

The interpretation of Midna leaving Link because she was "too tall" is a bit elementary. It is Midna's duty to see that her people are safe, and by returning home and destroying the Twilight Mirror, she can guarantee that. If you watched the credits as you say you have done, you will notice that Midna says "Link...I...I... see you around". Many have interpreted this long pause between I's to mean she was lost for words, unable to say "I love you". Knowing it is destiny that her and Link can never be together, she had to stop herself.

Again, if you actually watched the credits, every loose end in the story is closed. The children return home, friends are made, peace is formed, and in the final scene you can see Link ridding home through the forest to return to his life. What happens after the event is a mystery, however it is very possible that Link and Ilia continue their relationship. Now, here's another reason why I believe every player of the Legend of Zelda series should be a formidable reader. If you look at the exchange of dialogue between Ilia and Link throughout the story, heck, even watching the cut-scenes....it's very hard not to tell they have a "thing" for each other :).

Few, hope that explains things hehe.

Personally, I think Ilia is waaaay too young for Link. Just by their looks.

I understand Ganon died but you never see the sword pulled out.

What happens to Hyrule castle and Zelda?

Like I said, watch the credits :). Zelda is fine, peace is restored, the castle chamber is rebuilt *it's the very last scene the game shows you for heaven's sake lol*, Ganondorf is just dead...would you be able to live impaled by a sword... etc.

I did watch the credits, I guess I missed that scene.

Ganon might be dead but the master sword is still there and they got to the mirror chamber without it (i think, I'll check again).

The master sword is not needed to enter the mirror chamber. The mirror chamber is the execution chamber atop the prison which is the Arbiter's Grounds. Either Midna or Zelda can warp to this chamber, or the company could simply climb the tower.

Yoyoll, you may want to play through the game again and read the entire story haha :).

That's the thing: I am not playing through the game again, it just wasn't satisfying.

I realize they don't need the sword to enter the chamber but think: The Master Sword, the bane of all evil, laying in some rotting corpse's chest on an empty field. WTF?

I agree...that is kind of weird...
but also during windwaker, it was left embedded in ganon's stone skull...and was lost at the bottom of the great sea....

I suggest something like this: after you beat Ganon, everyone loves you and you're a hero, the kids are home and everything is back to normal, and if you go into any of the boss rooms in the dungeons it asks you if you want to fight the boss again.
Why, oh Gaming Gods, why was Majora's Mask the only game to do this? It freaking rocked! Repeat boss battles are awesome! Why should I have to devote an entire file to Stalfalord? Why I ask, WHY!?!

I agree with you, Versac. That was the best feature of Majora's Mask.

And Yoyolll, how is Ilia too young for Link? From what I understood Link and Ilia are the same age. I don't see how you thought Ilia is younger.

I told you, she just looks younger. If Link is as young as Ilia looks, I seriously doubt he could've done all that crap.

They're not human. All bets are off.

Oh, and the fact that he is way too young to do half the stuff he does is part of the point of the games. Remember the first part of OoT? Link looked like he was seven, maybe eight. Not many kids that age take down giant dinosaurs and big guys with huge axes.

*SIGH!*

No, no, no! The Master Sword was NOT left in Ganondorf's body! Link clearly has it in his scabbard when he, Zelda, and Midna were in the mirror chamber. And one of the last scenes shows the Master Sword BACK IN ITS PEDESTAL!

As for Ganondorf's "death", forgive me if I'm skeptical. He managed to survive being run through by a sword once, and many other "deaths", including being stabbed in the head. I have theories, but I prefer to wait and see what Nintendo will do with it. I mean, come on people, can you honestly believe that Ganondorf is truly destroyed? The guy's like a cockroach, you just can't kill him.

And as for Link's love life...while it's hard to imagine anything developing between him and Zelda in this one, it's not out of the question. As for Midna, her being "too tall" hardly sounds like a good reason for a relationship not to form. And as for Ilia, I think there may be something there, but as to whether or not it could become a lasting relationship? I highly doubt it. No, in TP, Link's best hope for love is locked in the Twilight Realm, although I definitely think that some kind of bond was formed between Link and Zelda, although I doubt that it will be explored, and more than likely, Zelda wouldn't pursue it out of fear that it might not truly be her own feelings, as she and Midna did share heart and body for a time.

Now, Hyrule Castle's a little more problematic. Near as I can figure, only the main castle was damaged, rather than all of the castle and castle town. However, it seemed to be repaired rather quickly. Only thing I can think of is that there are some magicians left in Hyrule. *shrugs*

I like my ending better.

I love you, shadowknight ^.^

Ummmmmm....okay?

BTW yoyolll, if you're wanting such a rosy ending to anything, you may as well try to build a time machine and go back a few years. Things don't need to be settled like that anymore. It's called DRAMA. May as well get used to it, cause without it, you don't get good story telling.

Having so many loose ends isn't a very good way to end either.

Maybe they should've just been killed off. All of them.

Having so many loose ends isn't a very good way to end either.

Maybe they should've just been killed off. All of them.
What loose ends? The credits showed the ending for just about every important character or place, and then some. Just as in nearly every Zelda game, you have to pay attention to the ending. Closely.

They do that in every game too. Death via old age/regicide. It's just that they keep coming back.

What loose ends? The credits showed the ending for just about every important character or place, and then some. Just as in nearly every Zelda game, you have to pay attention to the ending. Closely.

They do that in every game too. Death via old age/regicide. It's just that they keep coming back.
GAAAA!!!!!!!!

Read the conversation slowly from the top, I'm not explaining this again.

Your complaints and their resolutions:

1. Ganon is standing in Hrule field. This is unimportant. He's dead. They probably buried him somewhere, or threw him in a ditch. He'll be back later in a new body, the old one is now a morbid paperweight.
2. The Master Sword is in Ganon's chest. Even though they never showed Link pulling out the sword, he has it later in the mirror chamber. The credits also show it back in the Lost Woods, ready for Link in ALttP.
3. Hyrule Castle has been destroyed. The credits show the throne room rebuilt. 'Nuff said.
4. Link's... prize. None of the games have ever stated that Link persues Zelda romantically at the conclusion of his adventures. While this is assumed by many, it may not be the case. He has almost no personal connection to Zelda, and Midna's back in the Twilight Realm. The game states early on that Link and Illia have been friends from childhood. Seeing that Ordon is remarkably similar to Outset Island, where Link is born in WW, Link probably settled down in his hometown. This gets deep into timeline theory, but it isn't unreasonable to assume he ends up with Illia.
5. A more cheerful ending. What, did you expect the words "Happy End!" to show up in the middle of the screen? Or maybe "A Winner is You!"

The game had to handle the ending rather carefully, Miyamoto's trying to piece together a story within the gameplay. Resolving the ending with "Happily Ever After" would wreck the segway into other games.

Back