• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Wii are the Champions

UltimaLink007

Hope Never Dies
How does everyone think the Wii will do with the X-Box 360 and the PS3 as competition in the next-generation market? I think that the PS3 will be too unaffordable, and the interactivity of the Wii and it's "Wiimote" within it's games alone blows the X-Box 360 away.(of course there's still Halo........) Anyways, I'm curious about what everyone thinks, so plz respond! ;)

i have a lot to say about this so lets get started :D

Nintendo has already seperated itself from sony and microsoft... while sony and microsoft are going in the direction of better graphics and other special no loading features nintendo has gone in a totaly different direction. As you know they want to create something new because they have no chance competing with sony and microsoft on the graphics stuff...

Now onto pricing....

If you buy the ps3 you wont have to buy a lot of accesories with it... except the game and maybe aqnother remote so if you buy the 500 dollar version you are probably going to end up paying around 600 dollars. If you bought all the accesories for the xbox 360 plus a game or so that will add up to around 600 dollars too. Now as for the wii they are pricing it low so everyone thinks its so cheap but they are like attacking us with all the other junk you need for it.

List:
console: 250
3 extra remotes: 120
3 extra nunchuck attachments: 60
2 classic controllers to play old games: 40
cost of buying old games: 20 dollars for 2 or 3 games
a game: 50
tax: god knows

that comes out to :500-600 dollars

Im still gonna get the wii but im just saying that the ps3 isn't much of a difference from the 360 and the wii...

What system will come on top? Wii will soon find out? :)

btw...no body has even heard of the wii.... half the people living in the united states still think it's called the revolution...:confused:

I thought the PS3 was either $600 or $700. Did I mess those prices up like I thought I had messed up on the Wii? Or is it really $100 dollars less than I thought it would be........................

ps3:
20mb= 500
60mb= 600

I'd also like to throw out the idea that the wiimote might turn out to be a complete failure and nintendo goes down in flames with the wii :)

just a possiblity:)...

The PS3 is afraid of the Wii. As soon as the controllers features were anounced, Sony announced that the PS3 would have a rotating feature it the controller so that it would effect the games. Therefore, Wii ROCK!

ps3:
20mb= 500
60mb= 600

I'd also like to throw out the idea that the wiimote might turn out to be a complete failure and nintendo goes down in flames with the wii :)

just a possiblity:)...

The Wiimote will be a total sucess!!! How dare you say otherwise!
YOU WILL SUFFER MY WRATH!!! MUHAHAHA!!!

hee hee.....just kidding....
oh yeah, both nintendo and microsoft are sueing sony cuz sony gave the press false info about both systems :D lol

Really? Thats interesting. Thus is the failur of PlayStation:

1)They loss money on the lawsuit.
2)They loss major money on the PS3
3)Sony must drop out of the race for fear of becoming bankrupt.

The PS2 (in my personal opinion) won this round*, but the Wii will win the war.

*Look, you can't argue that the games for the PS2 rocked. I believe that Nintendo and Microsoft both did very good jobs (especially Nintendo with all of its party and fighting games) but Sony hit the ball out of the park with many perfect games and series (Sly, Ratchet, Jak, DDR, Final Fantasy and Grand Turismo, just to name a few).

Ahem!!!!*cough**cough**wheese**cough* Slyguy. HOW DARE YOU FORGET KINGDOM HEARTS AND KINGDOM HEARTS 2. And I thought those were your favorites hmmmmmmmm?!?!?!?!? Anyways, I don't have a PS2, iwant a PS2. But if I have to sacrifice the hopes of a PS2 if I get the Wii, I won't give a (censored word) about the PS2. I didn't know about the lawsuits, tell me more about them 'cuz this is my first time hearing about this.......And you willl tell me. Why? Because at Zeldasages, Wii are family. (I love making Wii-puns) :D ;) :p :)

The Wiimote will be a total sucess!!! How dare you say otherwise!
YOU WILL SUFFER MY WRATH!!! MUHAHAHA!!!

hee hee.....just kidding....
oh yeah, both nintendo and microsoft are sueing sony cuz sony gave the press false info about both systems :D lol

I'm just saying it can turn out to be a failure... it probably wont but dont forget that other system nintendo failed on... virtual boy? i think that was a failure...

Ahem!!!!*cough**cough**wheese**cough* Slyguy. HOW DARE YOU FORGET KINGDOM HEARTS AND KINGDOM HEARTS 2. And I thought those were your favorites hmmmmmmmm?!?!?!?!? Anyways, I don't have a PS2, iwant a PS2. But if I have to sacrifice the hopes of a PS2 if I get the Wii, I won't give a (censored word) about the PS2. I didn't know about the lawsuits, tell me more about them 'cuz this is my first time hearing about this.......And you willl tell me. Why? Because at Zeldasages, Wii are family. (I love making Wii-puns) :D ;) :p :)

i love making wii puns too :D

I'm just saying it can turn out to be a failure... it probably wont but dont forget that other system nintendo failed on... virtual boy? i think that was a failure...

i love making wii puns too :D
1. Ultima, I said to name a few. I could go on and on and on about KH and KH2. Don't Ever suggest I don't love those games. But they don't appeal to everyone. Trust Me, I can Name 3 people on the top of my head that don't like the games.

2. Yes, the Virtual Boy was a complete and total faliure, even if it had one of Nintendo's top 200 games, Mario's Tennis (I don't mean the later released N64 game). So much of a faliure that the creator, Gunpei Yokoi, creator of both the Game & Watch and the Gameboy (we owe this guy A LOT) was treated as an outcast and not allowed to produce any games until his resignation on August 15, 1995, days before the Game Boy Pocket was released.

3. Wii Puns are funny. I believe Wii all love Wii puns.

Sorry for biting ur head off...lol......yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh........ anyway, how do you do that "thing" where u do "originally posted by" and quote someone else.............'cuz I have things to comment on. and I'm "technologically challenged" sometimes, so anyone........ plz respond.:eek:

Sorry for biting ur head off...lol......yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh........ anyway, how do you do that "thing" where u do "originally posted by" and quote someone else.............'cuz I have things to comment on. and I'm "technologically challenged" sometimes, so anyone........ plz respond.:eek:
The giant button that says quote in each post, perhaps.:rolleyes:

1. Ultima, I said to name a few. I could go on and on and on about KH and KH2. Don't Ever suggest I don't love those games. But they don't appeal to everyone. Trust Me, I can Name 3 people on the top of my head that don't like the games.

2. Yes, the Virtual Boy was a complete and total faliure, even if it had one of Nintendo's top 200 games, Mario's Tennis (I don't mean the later released N64 game). So much of a faliure that the creator, Gunpei Yokoi, creator of both the Game & Watch and the Gameboy (we owe this guy A LOT) was treated as an outcast and not allowed to produce any games until his resignation on August 15, 1995, days before the Game Boy Pocket was released.

3. Wii Puns are funny. I believe Wii all love Wii puns.

Yay i was right... so as i was saying this could turn out to be like that and i hope it doesnt because i'm putting a lot of time and money into this -_-

Virtual Boy only failed for its unappealing visuals (which, as portraited in X-Plays 10 Scariest Games of all time, could hurt your eyes (Or Burn Kevin Perreria's)), low amount, and that it really wasn't given too much hype and advertising.

Will anyone tell me about these "Sony lawsuits"?!?!?!?!?!? please? Aaannnnnyyyyywaaaayyyy, The Wii shall remain victorious, rising above the shattered remains of the PS3 and X-Box 360.....................................
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Will anyone tell me about these "Sony lawsuits"?!?!?!?!?!? please? Aaannnnnyyyyywaaaayyyy, The Wii shall remain victorious, rising above the shattered remains of the PS3 and X-Box 360.....................................
The Sony law suits were about Sony stealing the rumble technolodgy for the duel shock controler. That's probably why Sony did not include rumble in the PS3 controller.

I'm holding my opinion on the victor console to save myself :).

and btw, don't type those huge size 7 mwahahahas, it stretches my screen :(.

Thank You very much for the wanted information Linkman. I'm glad I finally know about what you were talking about. Back to the Wii. Does anyone have any new info on it?

Here is what I think will happen:
An over-view:
Nintendo Wii: Afordable, inovative, and its Nintendo!
XBox 360: A bit more expensive, but the grafics and visuals make up for it. Plus, Halo 3!
PS3: The most expensive of the bunch (game-wise, also), the "no loading" factor is quite apealing.

The Begining:
Nintendo Wii: The lack of advertisement limits the initial sales to mostly Nintedo fans.
XBox 360: Already a widely used system. Sales at this point are normal.
PS3: The price and lack of production of this creates a bad begining. ...and end.

The End (1 year later):
Nintendo Wii: A normal sale by next year. Nintendo is is strong.
XBox 360: With the price drop a year later, sales continue almost steadily.
PS3: Price drop, not enough to sell. Sony crashes into the dirt.

The summary:
Nintendo Wii: The Wii comes in second. Nintendo lives another day.
XBox 360: This is a big win for Microsoft. The 360 comes in 1st.
PS3
: Sony discontinues the PS3 line. Their next console (if they have another) will no longer be a Play Station. They create a new system.
So what do you think?

I think that this is somewhat accurate, but I believe that word of mouth will be a huge factor and will help the Wii to be first. And I believe that Sony will have a rough time, but will manage to stay in the buisness after two generations of being on top (PSX and PS2).

Back