• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Wii are the Champions

Here is what I think will happen:
An over-view:
Nintendo Wii: Afordable, inovative, and its Nintendo!​

XBox 360: A bit more expensive, but the grafics and visuals make up for it. Plus, Halo 3!​

PS3: The most expensive of the bunch (game-wise, also), the "no loading" factor is quite apealing.​

The Begining:
Nintendo Wii: The lack of advertisement limits the initial sales to mostly Nintedo fans.​

XBox 360: Already a widely used system. Sales at this point are normal.​

PS3: The price and lack of production of this creates a bad begining. ...and end.​

The End (1 year later):
Nintendo Wii: A normal sale by next year. Nintendo is is strong.​

XBox 360: With the price drop a year later, sales continue almost steadily.​

PS3: Price drop, not enough to sell. Sony crashes into the dirt.​

The summary:
Nintendo Wii: The Wii comes in second. Nintendo lives another day.​

XBox 360: This is a big win for Microsoft. The 360 comes in 1st.​

PS3: Sony discontinues the PS3 line. Their next console (if they have another) will no longer be a Play Station. They create a new system.​

So what do you think?

Hi, I agree and disagree... microsoft will probably come out on top this round (GRRRRRR) but I think Sony will totally keep up with Nintendo, the price may be unappealing and will probably hurt Sony in the beginning but in a couple of years it will pull itself out of any hole it dug itself into because of the drop in price.

p.s like i said.... if you think about all of the consoles end up costing about the same much in the long run...

O.K.
Here's my 2 cents worth

I've heard a lot about the 360, but mostly that it's nothing special. It has better graphics and all, but nothing about it makes you say 'WOW! That's cool!' aside from the games.

I don't think you give the good people at Nintendo enough credit. The Wii has already been advertized extensively, just not through standard means. The Wii's innovative design (tell me one thing about it that's mundane (actually, don't answer that question)) makes it memorable, and that's important.

The PS3 was a huge mistake. The people won't care about the total price, but the sticker price. They'll say, "Hmm.... should I get a PS3 with one game, or a Wii and eight (plus wii sports) games". Seeing that Sony really got a foothold when Nintendo first overpriced the 64, you'd think they would remember the Playstation owes it's entire existance to the complete hubris of another company. And yet that's exactly what they're doing.
Unbelievable.

Overall, Wii#1, 360#2, PS3#3

I dont know, lots of people still think its called Revolution.....ignorant southern folks....haha *like me*

The PS3 was a huge mistake. The people won't care about the total price, but the sticker price. They'll say, "Hmm.... should I get a PS3 with one game, or a Wii and eight (plus wii sports) games". Seeing that Sony really got a foothold when Nintendo first overpriced the 64, you'd think they would remember the Playstation owes it's entire existance to the complete hubris of another company. And yet that's exactly what they're doing.
Unbelievable.

Overall, Wii#1, 360#2, PS3#3
I agree totally, my comrade.

But you'll also have devout sony fans that have been saving up for months, even more than a year since they heard about it.....plus adults with rich family and time on there hands but still

Windmages humble opinion:

Tie for Number One: Wii and Xbox 360. I have to say ive played some really good Xbox games and the graphics are wonderful. And with Wii...have ya'll been watching the trailors that Bob recomended? AMAZING!!!

Number 2: PS3...still way to expensive; im not going to even bother...

a bit off topic, but i loved my original ps...sadly it has been since sold :(

I dont know, lots of people still think its called Revolution.....ignorant southern folks....haha *like me*

Exactly!!! I think the low advertising will hurt them.

1. Xbox (GRRRR!!!!!!!)
2. Wii will either be total success or a complete failure so i'm going to have to put it right next to PS3 in 2nd so there is no 3rd...
3. in a couple of years i create a console in my secret labratory and call it the "animaldude" and that is the 3rd best console of this generation!

Exactly!!! I think the low advertising will hurt them.

1. Xbox (GRRRR!!!!!!!)
2. Wii will either be total success or a complete failure so i'm going to have to put it right next to PS3 in 2nd so there is no 3rd...
3. in a couple of years i create a console in my secret labratory and call it the "animaldude" and that is the 3rd best console of this generation!
Call it the DreamSaturnJaguar2600FamiconX-BoxOddysey, to recognize all the underdogs of the world.

i call it off topic ;)

well, not really, but to avoid us all going on ranting about DreamSaturnJaguar2600FamiconX-BoxOddysey

that, would be entirely off topic, and bob would think we are all crazy...
*which we probably are*

does anyone here actually have and xbox 360? i dont *no money haha*

and how much is the wii? forgot...

wii will not be a failure.
how dare you
lol ^_^

i call it off topic ;)

well, not really, but to avoid us all going on ranting about DreamSaturnJaguar2600FamiconX-BoxOddysey

that, would be entirely off topic, and bob would think we are all crazy...
*which we probably are*

does anyone here actually have and xbox 360? i dont *no money haha*

and how much is the wii? forgot...

wii will not be a failure.
how dare you
lol ^_^
1. OK
2. Yes, and we should create a poll saying who is the craziest person on ZS. Between Bob, yours truly, Zeroth (the whole World Domination thing), Tinyslam (.01 post over 1.5 years, thats crazy), and Versac (you shall see), along with any other additions.
3. Sorry for being off topic their
4. No 360 for Slyguy
5. Wii=250
6. No duh Wii won't fail
a. Numbering Error
8. I like Pie
9. Exploding Cow

i call it off topic ;)
1.Oh, you're cool.
2.Jk
3.Does the Wii have online features?
4. I think it does but i just want to make sure.
5. If it does we can play eachother :)
6. That would be cool
7.!!!
8. I dont like pie.
9. Hi
10. I have more numbers then slyguy!
11. Hi
12. I have homework
13. BYE

To answer the questions about online usage are the following statements:
1. The base internet connection will exist, and will be free.
2. An owner of a Wii will be able to buy 'Wii points', which can be redeemed for downloadable games from the NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, and a last system, the name of which escape me.
3. Every console will have a customized 'mii', who is your avatar on the 'Mii Channel' which is basically a bunch of miis running around talking.
4. The miis will be used in some games, such as Wii Sports
5. Finally, and most important, the Wii will be able to download, possibly for free, extra content for existing games. For example, suppose a few months after the newest Legend of Zelda comes out, Nintendo decides to release an entire optional dungeon or sidequest. These extras will be in addition to the normal content, and will probably not change anything main, like the central storyline.
That's all for now!

P.S. Hmmmmm.... a craziest person poll? That's not a bad idea!

Versac, I belive you will also be able to get games from the Nintendo 64, even though most of the games will be early generation games.

Also, Ultima, while you are somewhat crazy, look at me, bob, Zeroth and Versac.

1. Me, I am just plain crazy (just enough to be sane, in fact (as I have said, the craziest people are the most sane (exploding cow (pie (E=mc2 (ok (i'm dun (ceriously (you all should get the mispelling (ok, now i'm dun (quit it!)))))))))
2. Bob, is, well, Bob
3. Zeroth spends his free time planning world conquest
4. All of the above

Wow, I feel like an idiot for forgetting the 64. It's the last of the 4 systems.

Oh, and Ultima, I meet the textbook definition of psycopath (NOT lunatic! there is a difference!) and already have vast abounts of leveragable power

Anyway, upon further research, it appears that there are five systems with games available and they are
1. NES
2. SNES
3. Nintendo 64
4. Sega Genesis
5. TurboGrafx (Japaneese name: PC Engine)

Games will be sold for 500+ Wii points (1 Wii point = 1 cent)

The Wii will also have the ability to read Gamecube discs.

From what I hear, the Wii is going to be very versatile in almost every area of gameplay, which spells fun for me.
The past system game buying plan thingie sounds like an excellent idea.
Ya know, I'm looking forward to some changes in gaming.

Does that mean I no longer love my 360? Hell no. You CAN just like gaming in general, not be some fanatical fanboy. You get to play more great games that way.

Oh yea, Playstation's awesome too....hehehe....PS2 is the biggest old warhorse in my opinion.

The Wii charges in, wielding the deadly legendary weapon known to mortals as the "Wiimote". The X-Box 360 bows down to surrender, but the PS3 prepares to attack. The Wii thrusts the weapon into the PS3, which cries out in agony, and then implodes. Feel the power, of the Wii

What if someone's arm gets so tired from the constant arm motion that it falls off and nintendo gets sewed. That wouldn't be good. :)

edit: I spelled sued wrong

Back