• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Wii Metroid Preview Channel

animaldude

Sage in Training
When I looked at my Wii this morning, it was glowing. When I checked to see why, Nintendo had sent me a message telling me to check the Wiiware section of the wii shop channel and download some sort of metroid prime 3 thing. I didn't check it out yet so I'm not sure whether it's just footage or an actual demo to play but I'm still excited...

Re: Wii Metroid Demo?

I downloaded it, and the bad news is: No demo. The good news is: There are 2 amazing trailers in the preview, and I absolutely loved them. :)

I watched both and can't wait for the 13th for the two new ones. I wonder if they'll do this with Galaxy anf Brawl...

Oh my God, it looks FREAKIN AWESOME. Did you notice how accurately they got the wiimote to work?

Gaah, its porbably gonna be sold out for the first week or two.

That's why you preorder. I got a fully paid preorder from my brothers for my birthday, so on the 28th or 29th (most likely 29th, my Game Stop is slow in getting things, so basially whenever they call) I'm gonna go over and get it.

Preordering is too much of a hassle. And plus, its a game, I can wait an extra week or two.

It's released on the 27th, although stores sometimes tend to hold back their releases due to shipping.

Luckily for me, an EB Games is only a three minutes drive down the road from where I live. So, after remembering I still needed to pre-order, I drove down and reserved Corruption, Galaxy, and Brawl ;). The clerk told me that I apparently acquired one of the last few pre-orders available for Corruption. I personally can't wait. Prime one was amazing, Echoes so so, so I'm really expecting a great deal from Nintendo *judging by what I've seen thus far via the preview channel and demo footage, I don't believe anyone will be disappointed*

Wow, did you see the firing rate? I wonder how you look up and down now that they have a default free aim.

I'm guessing a Wiimote-Nunchuku combo where the Wiimote is used to aim and the Nunchuku to move. I'm not going to guess at the button lay-out, though.

The nunchuck is used for moving forward and strafing along with the grapple beam and hand maneuvers, probably more. As stated during E3 06, you can choose from about six separate configurations for movement, the main being similar to that of a keyboard and mouse setup. We also know from E3 07 that visors are switched by holding the down arrow and flicking the wii-mote up, down, left, or right. Beams use the stack system, so no need to switch them. Firing rate is most likely affected by how quickly you tab the button ;).

Ah well, three days until a new trailer comes.

Whoa, I didn't get the new videos today. It still says they're coming out August 13th. Did this happen to anyone else?

It happened to me too. I'm guessing they haven't gotten around to updating it yet. I mean, they just updated the shop channel an hour ago or so, and they normally do that at 9:00 ish.

I just watched them. They were fairly interesting. I wonder what's going to happen with the Auroras since they had a whole video to describe them. And the new morphball stuff looks sick.

I wonder what's going to happen with the Auroras since they had a whole video to describe them.
If you think about it, there's already been an Aurora in the series. They even show its schematics at the end of the video. It is the...

Mother Brain!

This does not bode well.

Doubtful, an Aurora is a organic supercomputer whereas Adam was more of a Turing Image. Sentience does not an organic make. And did you see that one scene in the movie? Those things are big. I don't think they could hide one on Samus' ship.

Yeah, good point. But I thought that Adam was the station's AI, not her ship's...

Ah, whatever. I just can't wait till it comes out. Then I'll preorder Mario Galaxy when I pick it up.

Ya, he was on her ship when she first got there and left. He could be transfered, but you would still need the hardware.

I managed to get a preorder for Corruption a few days ago, so I'm not worrying about it. Preorder for Brawl too, if you can believe it - four months in advance!

And so the waiting begins...

Back