• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

WiiWare

Dakare

Deus Ex Machina
Nintendo has announced something interesting. It is called WiiWare. What is WiiWare, you ask? It is a place on the VC where starter developers can put their games up so that they don't waste the money on disks and what-not, and so the gamer isn't as mad about wasting money if it's a horrible game. I found it inteeresting.

Expect to see WiiWare releases in early 2008.

I heard about that... Nintendo's not too sure about it, but, yes there will be a WiiWare... It's really interesting, in fact... I will have to get it, myself...

Maybe this could answer some questions... But, we will just have to see... I will talk with Shigeru about it and see what suggestions we can make...

I have the article from www.nintendo.com:

Nintendo said:
SANTA MONICA, Calif., June 27, 2007 - The search for the next ingeniously ground-breaking video game has begun. At a private developers conference this week, Nintendo announced the introduction of WiiWare, a game-creation service that will allow developers large and small to create new downloadable video game content for sale by Nintendo through the Wii Shop Channel of the hot Wii home video game system. WiiWare paves the way for smaller, more creative games to make their way to the public at lower prices, without any inventory risk to developers. The first WiiWare content will launch in early 2008.

"Independent developers armed with small budgets and big ideas will be able to get their original games into the marketplace to see if we can find the next smash hit," says Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime. "WiiWare brings new levels of creativity and value to the ever-growing population of Wii owners."

The possibilities for WiiWare are limited only by the imaginations of developers. WiiWare provides game creators a simple method by which they can get their games to the public. This approach, combined with the remarkable motion controls of the Wii Remote and Nunchuk, will give birth to fresh takes on established genres, as well as original ideas that currently exist only in developers’ minds. The reduced barriers to development provide developers the freedom to create and an inexpensive, clearly defined path to reach consumers who will ultimately determine which game will become the Next Big Thing.

WiiWare will be posted on the Wii Shop Channel. As with current Wii Shop Channel offerings, users will redeem Wii Points to download content. It will support a variety of pricing options. Details about that and upcoming projects will be announced at a later date. For more information about Wii, visit Wii.com.

I know... I saw it, too... You weren't the only one here to hear and know about it... Geese, how embarassing...

Maybe this could answer some questions... But, we will just have to see... I will talk with Shigeru about it and see what suggestions we can make...
Right, right, because we all know the "great sage valmar" or whatever the hell you are is best friends with some fancy Japanese nintendo person (I'm guessing Shigeru is big).
I know... I saw it, too... You weren't the only one here to hear and know about it... Geese, how embarassing...
Hey, I was just posting it for the people who might not visit Nintendo regularly.
FYI, most people don't visit nintendo at all, this is the only place I get my news...and it's "jeez".

Excuse me for being gifted... Not everyone is gifted like me, but I'm not gloating... And, I'm not trying to say that I visit Nintendo everyday... Besides, I don't have the time for it, nowadays. Well, everyone will know soon enough... And, yoyolll... Don't make fun of my display name... My name is not to be tempted with...

Excuse me for being gifted... Not everyone is gifted like me, but I'm not gloating... And, I'm not trying to say that I visit Nintendo everyday... Besides, I don't have the time for it, nowadays. Well, everyone will know soon enough... And, yoyolll... Don't make fun of my display name... My name is not to be tempted with...
Oh, "jeez" I apoligize.

A fake apology, but an apology nonetheless.. Something expected from humans...

Err, reality check there bud. You're human too.

Back on subject, I think this is wicked awesome and can't wait to see what kind of games there will be. What about everyone else.

I'm not totally sure what this is, why would people not be wasting their money if the game turns out bad?

I'm done explaining things... And, don't insult me, by saying that I'm human... I'm not and you can ask krimson05 about that... he's not human either... We may look and bleed like humans, but we're far more powerful and I'm done discussing truth from lies...

Good day, Gentlmen

Because instead of wasting $10-$40 on a bad game, they would be wasting $5-$10 on a bad game. The only downside is the fact that you can't sell it to a game store...

Because instead of wasting $10-$40 on a bad game, they would be wasting $5-$10 on a bad game. The only downside is the fact that you can't sell it to a game store...
But having a physical collection is so much better...

Isn't it going to be game demos for "soon-to-be" games or will that be the final version of the game? If it's gonna be the final version then I agree with yoyoll... it's better to have the physical collection.

It's gonna be for developers that don't have a lot of money. Example:

Let's say that Bob started to make videogames. He wanted to turn a profit, but didn't have the money for the discs and whatnot to make them for a console. But with WiiWare, he can make games for the Wii without having to buy the discs and boxes and what-not.

I hope that makes it a bit more clear.

Yea, I know what you're saying. The WiiWare they have up is new software for the Wii. I don't know if they're putting the WiiWare games there or not. It wasn't specific enough. And al they said in the article was "early 2008", so most likely Q1 of '08.

Well, that might just be the average. I personally think that it will vary, and some higher end games will cost $10-$20 depending on what they are (maybe we'll see Ura-Zelda and Star Fox 2 released?).

Back