• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Baseball Discussion 2007

animaldude

Sage in Training
This thread is discuss the 2007 MLB baseball season for those who care. How about some predictions? Here are mine:

AL East- Red Sox
AL Central- Indians
AL West- Mariners
Wild Card- Yankees

NL East- Braves
NL Central- Brewers
NL West- Diamondbacks
Wild Card- Cubs

Yes Liriano is after Francisco Liriano, who ALAS! is out for the year with TJ surgery. But he will return next year and hopefully not turn to be another Mark Prior, Kerry Wood, Rich Harden, etc.

I agree with your predictions for the most part with a little changes:

AL East: Red Sox
AL Central: Indians
AL West: Angels (though i'd rather have Seattle win it)
AL Wild Card: Yankees (this is very close, I call Detroit will finish 1 game out)

NL East: Mets (again i hope the Braves can pull it off)
NL Central: Brewers
NL West: Padres
NL Wild Card: Diamondbacks

I agree with you... I hope the Mariners and the Braves pull it off.

And the Padres winning the West might be hard with the Diamondbacks surging...

AL East - New York Yankees (FTW!)
AL Central - Cleveland Indians
AL West - Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
AL Wild Card - Boston Red Sox(will choke :))

NL East - New York Mets
NL Central - Chicago Cubs
NL West - San Diego Padres
NL Wild Card - Philadelphia Phillies

A couple of ones that may seem WTF?!, but I believe this is how it might go. :)

Playoff Predictions:

If Yankees come through the wild card I can see them winning the alcs. If they end up winning the east, theyll probably lose as usual. I put them in as wild card so I'll say-

Braves Vs. Yankees

AL East- yankees
AL Central- Tigers
AL West- Mariners
Wild Card- redsocks

NL East- mets
NL Central- cubs
NL West- Diamondbacks
Wild Card- brew crew.

Yankees mets world series yankees win.

... Texas just broke a record that has been held since 1900 ... 30 RUNS IN A SINGLE GAME! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED, ORIOLES!

Down the stretch they come, it's almost Labor Day. (For those of you who don't follow baseball, Labor day symbolizes the stretch run of the playoff chances for Major League Baseball Teams.) My question is this: Is your team where you want them to be going into September? Also how do you think they're September will go for them?

As a great wise man said: (Woody Paige) "You got to look at the schedule!"

Down the stretch they come, it's almost Labor Day. (For those of you who don't follow baseball, Labor day symbolizes the stretch run of the playoff chances for Major League Baseball Teams.) My question is this: Is your team where you want them to be going into September? Also how do you think they're September will go for them?

As a great wise man said: (Woody Paige) "You got to look at the schedule!"
What's your team?

I'd say my team is in pretty good shape going into the stretch. Hopefully the yanks can pull with in 3 or 4 games throughout this weekend and all the Yankees would need is too pull off a winning series (hopefully a sweep :D) to have a very good AL east race going. The two series that will be most decisive for them after Labor Day will be the 3 game series against the Mariners toward the beginning of sept. and the series against the BoSox later. Other then that the Yanks are playing easy teams all throughout September so I'd say they're in good shape. Boston's schedule looks pretty easy to but it seems throughout the past few weeks they've had a few problems with the devil rays in close run games (which I find hysterical.) It's not like they're losing the series but they should be sweeping the devilrays. Another important factor will be if the Mariners cooling off. But by the looks of their schedule it might be tough for them to keep up the hot streak they're on now. But it's hard to predict what's going to happen so as for now I'm just gonna hope that my Yankees can bounce back from a tough series in Anaheim and beat up on the Tigers. If they can take 3/4 from detroit they'd have some nice momentum going back to NY. And a sweep against Boston... well It's gonna be hard for the Red Sox to recover from that.

Btw, Woody Paige is awesome X_x

What's your team?

Btw, Woody Paige is awesome X_x

Well I like several teams I guess, I can't really pick just one. I'm more of a player fan than team. But for the most part my teams are in the thick of the playoff hunt.

Yeah Around the Horn rules.

Should a no-hitter against the Orioles really count?

The Orioles have some good hitters in that lineup, Miguel Tejada, Brian Roberts, etc. It's their pitching that has made them a bad team. But I still think Clay Bucholtz's night was a fluke.

Yeh, they had lost 9 out of their last ten going into that game.

There pitching isn't that bad though. Guthrie and Cabrera are good. Bedard is great. They do have bullpen trouble though.

Back