• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Baseball Discussion 2007

And the Giants also won yesterday, so after the Yankees win the world series, I'll have another good team to root for.

But seriously, I figure they'll win tonight. First of all, for some bizarre reason the Indians are starting Byrd tonight. Maybe they figure if he struggles early they can pull him out and throw in Sabathia like they Yanks did yesterday (*Note*Phillip Hughes is my hero). (*Another note*Why didn't they keep him in rather then waste Joba's arm and Mariano's arm). Second of all, if the Yankees start Wang he will for sure do good at home and if they start Mussina he's a veteran that will pitch good in an important situation. Also Torre could switch like last night. Yesterday's offense should carry into today.

Also if they DO take it back to Cleveland they should be able to carry that momentum into that game. And if Wang pitches tonight (*NOTE*If he doesn't pitch tonight I will root against them so that Torre gets fired because Wang won't pitch good in Cleveland.lol.) then Pettite will start Wednesday.

Well I doubt my analysis made any sense but I hope you enjoyed trying to interpret it :D

*Rolls eyes at video* Wang is pitching tonight according to mlb.com and I hope he does well...

The good thing is if they lose, my next history test is already made, so my teacher can't be malicious by making it ridiculously hard because they lost...>_>

*Rolls eyes at video* Wang is pitching tonight according to mlb.com and I hope he does well...

The good thing is if they lose, my next history test is already made, so my teacher can't be malicious by making it ridiculously hard because they lost...>_>
LOL same exact thing for me... Do we have the same teacher?

lol

Prediction: The Yankees are going to win the series. Yankees beat Red Sox in ALCS. Torre's going to realize that his job is on the line and he will return another pennant to New York. But he will lose to the red hot Rockies in the world series and lose his job anyway.

NOTE: Just wondering if anyone notices this. Back in 2003, during the Florida Marlins title run, they always wore their alternate black uniforms. Now they rarely do. This year, the Colorado Rockies have yet to wear a different uniform than their alternate black ones. What's the deal with this? Is it what underdogs consider to be good luck?

6-2 in the 7th. That prediction isn't going well as of now... Of course it's not over until the fat lady sings.

Not really, they're 3 outs away from being done... It could be interesting because Borowski kind of sucks.... Anywayy we'll see

Not really, they're 3 outs away from being done... It could be interesting because Borowski kind of sucks.... Anywayy we'll see
It lost it's epicness...unless the Yankees make a spectacular comeback...

But first, Rivera needs to get out of the inning...-_-

EDIT: HOLY F***ING ****..... DAMON JUST MADE A FRIKEN A-MAZING CATCH TO SAVE MARIANO'S BUTT...WOW. @_@

EDIT 2.0: Jeter's out, and Abreu hit another solo shot... If A-Rod gets a hit, the game will be Epic again...

Final EDIT: Yankees lose. Torre is gone. I will now cry myself to sleep...

Well my bold prediction was wrong, but lets see if the Rockies actually do win it all.
As for me I hope my Indians win it all, but I doubt that will happen. Boston seems likely to win the pennant.

Well it looks like the Indians season has come to a close. Very down about this, especially after they were up 3-1. Bad pitching by Sabathia, Carmona, and streaky hitting has cost them the series.

Well like the Brooklyn Dodgers always used to say.

"Wait til next year." or is it "There's always next year."

Okay so now that the World Series is over, how about we reopen some talks about the Hot Stove? Actually the hot stove kinda of began before the world series was even over as Ken Rosenthal reported that Scott Boras (A-Rod's agent) had announced that Rodriguez is going to opt out of his current 252 million dollar contract.:eek: (Technically A-rod is still on the Yankees as he can't hit the open market until 10 days after the world series.)

Besides the fact that A-Rod wants even MORE money, its interesting to note that it was announced during game 4 of the world series. Rodriguez stole all the headlines, the next day. Coincidence? I think not. This was A-Rod's way of stealing the show, once again, from his archrival the past four years in the Boston Red Sox. The Yankees also announced their new managerial change from Joe Torre to Jor Girardi, which also stole all of the headlines from the Red Sox. Just the Yankees way of payback I guess.

So what's next on the hot stove? Where will A-Rod go? Who are the names that senator George Mitchell will reveal? It looks to be a very eventfull offseason as former Braves shortstop Edgar Renteria was traded to the Detroit Tigers the day after the world series.

Okay so now that the World Series is over, how about we reopen some talks about the Hot Stove? Actually the hot stove kinda of began before the world series was even over as Ken Rosenthal reported that Scott Boras (A-Rod's agent) had announced that Rodriguez is going to opt out of his current 252 million dollar contract.:eek: (Technically A-rod is still on the Yankees as he can't hit the open market until 10 days after the world series.)

Besides the fact that A-Rod wants even MORE money, its interesting to note that it was announced during game 4 of the world series. Rodriguez stole all the headlines, the next day. Coincidence? I think not. This was A-Rod's way of stealing the show, once again, from his archrival the past four years in the Boston Red Sox. The Yankees also announced their new managerial change from Joe Torre to Jor Girardi, which also stole all of the headlines from the Red Sox. Just the Yankees way of payback I guess.

So what's next on the hot stove? Where will A-Rod go? Who are the names that senator George Mitchell will reveal? It looks to be a very eventfull offseason as former Braves shortstop Edgar Renteria was traded to the Detroit Tigers the day after the world series.
I'm so glad that Boston isn't getting talked about as much... THis is so great. The only reason the rockies got swept was because they hadn't played a game in 8 days before game 1 of the world series. Joe Girardi was the best choice for anager of the yankees. As for A-Rod... what can you possibly do with 252 million dollars besides make people hate you. I think Torre will go to the Dodgers... That seems like a good fit for him. Also A-Rod might fit in well with that environment as well. Well, I guess thats all I can say... I guess I'm not that interested without the yankees having gone any farther ^_^

Alright its been a while huh? So why don't we bring back some discussion about the Hot Stove?

Here's somethin to get started.

How bout Johan Santana? Miguel Cabrera?
George Mitchell Report?
HOF Inductions?
Award Reactions?

Santana- I don't think the Yankees should get rid of Cabrera but if it's for Santana... that's fine. In my opinion, Hughes isn't as good as Kennedy so I'm glad the Yanks aren't offering him. I honestly think that as of now, the Yankees are offering a better deal. If the Yankees can also pick up Dan Haren... Next year would be the Yank's year.

George Mitchell- I don't really care any more now that Bonds is in trouble...

HoF Inductions- I don't know who's on the ballot this year but I don't think I really care. I just hope no one votes for McGwire...

Awards reactions- Sabbathia beat Beckett... yay

If they get rid of Cabrera for an older pitcher like Santana, I will be PISSED... It'll be Randy Johnson all over again...>_>

Back