• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Currently listening to?

Just say what your listening to here:
Boulvard of broken dreams by green day.

Also, say something about the song; how it makes you feel or something. Make it a paragraph. That way this entire thread won't be filled with pointless spam.

I think that settles that. Write a paragraph on why you're listening to the song or something about it. :D

(Obvious thing is obvious)

I'm listening to Into the Ocean by Blue October.

This song is quite calming to me. You see, I've had a rather bad day (again), because my English 101 Prof. is a complete b***h. She complains that our work hasn't improved. Well, this of course has NOTHING to do with the fact that she hasn't given us but one paper back. Out of how many, would you like to guess? Five. Five papers since the beginning of the semester and we've gotten one back. ONE. Today I thought a revission was due so I turned in a draft. It was the final. And then she complains nonstop about her stupid boobs and her infection and BAWWWS about everything. So I'm pissed, and this song makes me calm down.

How f*****g hard is that.

Ok. I'm listening to Dogs by Pink Floyd.

In 1977, with the release of Animals under Harvest, Pink Floyd's music took on a new tone. Animals is one of the darkest albums of the popular psychedelic rock band and was rather surprising after the warm tone of Wish You Were Here, released in 1975. The simplest answer here is: Wish You Were Here was dedicated to Syd Barrett, the original lead guitarist and vocalist of Pink Floyd when they first formed in the mid 60's. The album contemplates the decaying state of mind Barrett experiences as his addiction to LSD and on coming schizophrenic state are exacerbated and presented to his friends via his poems, paintings, and songs. Barrett's hopeless cry for help was not lost on Roger Waters and David Gilmour, who had been childhood friends with Barrett and become his replacement in the band. The two leaders of the new Pink Floyd had not forgotten their old friend Barrett, and wrote Wish You Were Here in memory and mourning for him, as they believed his body lived on but his soul was lost forever. Thus, the album had a warm flavor to it, as one long lost friend speaking to another, and expressed companionship in a deep level of understanding which only such a friend could have presented. The album struck listeners in much the same way, creating the motto, "Shine on, Syd." Obviously, an overly dark album like Animals caught Floyd's listeners by surprise in the dark depths of its surrealist ideals. The album was, by no means, musically inferior. On the contrary, it is regarded as one of Floyd's best works in their "Golden Age" (1973-1977.) It was also, debatably, one of their more mood-oriented albums, creating a feeling of uneasy comfort, as does a guilty pleasure. However, Animals differs from most of Pink Floyd's works prior to '77 in that its message is heavily unnerving. Roger Waters, the prominent lyricist of the album, disperses the human race into three sections: the dogs, the sheep, and the pigs. The dogs are those who trust no one. The socially inept. Men and women who strive to stay away from others and know not the meaning of friendship, betraying any loyal companion to get ahead. The sheep are the average folk. Normal people who will follow the role models in the media and go where the tide leads them, regardless of the end and unaware of those who take advantage of them until they are affected directly, in which case it is generally too late to change. The pigs are the clever, rich, fat men. Or at least, they think themselves clever. As they care for nothing except money and material possessions, which provides them a sense of satisfaction and inner fulfillment, they are portrayed as repugnant, pathetic pigs, rolling in mud and feces despite their wealthy nutrition, for pigs are generally hefty animals. The opening and ending tracks of the album, Pigs On the Wing, explain the path of the observer who is drawn into the unfortunate events of the world around him and must face the ramifications of his changing state. He asks for shelter from an unknown source, open for speculation, after he has observed all three species of his own race, and has decided to end his journey, "Now that I've found somewhere safe to bury my bone." Overall, Animals is a dark and philosophical work which represents the path of the band and its music, which unfortunately declined in quality and alienated its fans after the "Golden Age." Perhaps this work was prophetic and outlined the individual roads the members of the band would inevitably head down. Perhaps it was the last spark of quality psychedelic rock Waters and Gilmour could output before the very values they protested in greedy materialists overtook them and tore the band apart. Whatever the reason for the overly dark masterpiece, success did not take long to find the band after the release and its listeners enjoyed the genuine philosophy of the music and lyrics.

Seriously if you assholes want to write a paragraph for every goddamn thing you go ahead and do it but leave the rest of us alone to do what we want. You're like catholics.

Alright, guys, if you don't follow the new rule that Windmage put in place, I'm going to have to close the thread.

What Was I Thinkin' by Dierks Bentley

This is a country song about a guy who goes on a date with a girl, but a bunch of crazy stuff goes on and he wonders why he agreed to go on second date with her. I haven't really listened to country for about ten years, but DJ somehow got me into country again recently. Since I hadn't been listening to country for years, I hadn't heard of Dierks Bentley since he debuted in 2003. He is a good artist, though.

Honestly not that hard.

I got another idea. How about you close the thread anyway and start a nice little flame war with me?

Oh.

Some song by Paramore that I forget the name of and don't currently have a way to look it up.

It's hard to describe the way that this song's musical attention to detail emphasizes each and every significant word. The simplistic beat's effect is amplified by that of the bass as well and the computer generated perfection of the voice.

How's that??

In all honesty, this thread is complete spam. You guys clearly aren't going to follow the new rule, so the thread shall be closed.

Look, I'll let it stay open cause somebody pulled rank on me and re-opened it. But if I don't see some sort of conversation, not just a list of songs, I'm gonna close it and explain to Bob why I did.

Burn it to the Ground by NickelBack

I'm listening to it right now because it popped up on Pandora. This was also the song I got pulled over to. That was my first speeding ticket and I was so scared.

And yoyolll, I've never heard of Yes. Is that one of those old 70's bands you listen to?

60's and 70's. Trippiest band in the world. I saw them in concert in August.

And the reason there's no conversation here is because no one really cares about what anyone else listens to (or even reads it for that matter.)

my brother and my mom having an argument about homework
yay (not)

It's not music. It's not even close to music. But I'm listening to it. Unwillingly. Homework is bad. It makes people unhappy and irritable. Stupid homework.

Back