• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Do you believe in God?

Re: Do u beleive in God?

This is getting off topic considering this is about worshiping god... so if you want to talk about satanic messages in songs, yoyoll already made a thread about it. So if this continues all have to go all mod on you guys so please stop :)

What do you picture when you hear the word God? I picture a Man in a great velvet robe, whose face is covered in light and is the Creator of all things. what do you think of Him? And keep it on topic!

What do you picture when you hear the word God? I picture a Man in a great velvet robe, whose face is covered in light and is the Creator of all things. what do you think of Him? And keep it on topic!
So, you see Zeus?

(I love adaptation of imagery for other purposes)

When I hear the word God, one image pops into my mind. The burning bush from Exodus.

Eric Clapton.

Not that I actually think he's God, I just don't know what God looks like.

i believe in God. i picture him as a guy with a big beard. also i believe in the book of revelations and the rest of the bible.
but i often wonder what our god would be like if our god was similar to one of the ancient gods. like Odin or Thor or something like that.

man, theres someone up there, but religions just dispute upon who it is. its that simple

man, theres someone up there, but religions just dispute upon who it is. its that simple
yah man.... that must be it... let's remove religion and worship god at the same time

woooooo

hoooooo

alright now peace out

I'm just curious, but why do you each believe in God? What religion are you, and what are your parents? Do you enjoy your religion to its fullest extent, or just so-and-so?

I'm just curious, but why do you each believe in God? What religion are you, and what are your parents? Do you enjoy your religion to its fullest extent, or just so-and-so?
I was born as a Roman Catholic... no i dont have fun at church but it's a place for me to feel comfortable. I worship god and in return he helps me.

Well I'm muslim (that being said, the tags are ******* offensive, it's not "muslimianity", it's Islam). Although I don't worship at all, I'm Turkish Muslim. I don't wear a turban, I don't pray 5 times a day (or at all), I don't go to a mosque, and I probably don't do any bullshit some people will ask me, and neither do my parents.

Catholic... recently started youth group.. intriuging it be...

Parents are Catholic and Protestant..

I was born a catholic. so were my parents. and I do worship god and go to church. religion and spiritual stuff have played a big part of my life. i have always been fascinated bt the stories from the bible of St. Michael fighting satan and demons.

I don't really have a religion, I'm a UU :D. I came to believe in God upon my own conclusions without the aide or assistance of my parents. I simply just don't find it plausible that everything has always been here. By everything I don't mean the limited understanding we have of Earth, evolution, all all that other fun *that's all been proven by science*. I am referring to space itself. Is there a limit? How did this space appear? What is the extent of and definition of real space? Simply put, matter can not be created or destroyed (only change in appearance and property)...there had to be something which made matter to begin with.

Besides that, I just feel my belief is valid. I don't see the same God as a majority of the world's population does *man with a white beard holding a giant book*. To prevent being overly questioned I'll be keeping how I see God to myself, but I certainly do believe in him and the divine nature of the holy spirit :).

Do u believe in God?

Nope. I do not believe in, and certainly would not worship, the Judeo-Christian god or any other deity. This is for both rational and philosophical reasons.

First of all, if there were any sort of being with power or abilities near what we would consider omnipotence, it would certainly not be a being worthy of worship. If any being had the ability to alleviate or prevent suffering with little if any effort on its own part, but yet choose not to, it is either completely apathetic to us or outright evil. The folly of worshiping an apathetic being is self evident, and regardless of how powerful it may be, I would never worship a being as pathetic and petty as to demand worship from those powerless when compared to it, and to then cause misery to those who do not obey it.

The preceding rant means little though, as I do not believe any such being or beings exist, because, as of now there is no evidence for any gods existing. Most religious stories and myths, when held to scrutiny, are often found to be in direct contradiction with existing facts.

The argument that the complexity of the universe is somehow evidence for a creator, is also in my opinion, a weak one, as it essentially boils down to: “The universe is far too complex to have arisen through natural processes, therefore, a being, by necessity even more complex, must have simply popped into existence and made it.”

The argument that the complexity of the universe is somehow evidence for a creator, is also in my opinion, a weak one, as it essentially boils down to: “The universe is far too complex to have arisen through natural processes, therefore, a being, by necessity even more complex, must have simply popped into existence and made it.”
I said the fabric of space itself...we know how the universe was formed *or at least have a very good explanation*. I'll let that slide though :).

Admittedly it is rather unrealistic that something came out of nothing to make something, however it's really all at that point a matter of pure faith. We all look for explanations whether they be religious or scientifically proven. However, just as there is no scientific proof of some form of higher being, there is also no scientific proof which disproves the matter. So again, faith is what it really boils down to. Some will choose to believe in a higher existence and others will choose to deny such existence; we are humans after all with the freedom to think and choose as we see fit. That, in retrospect, is what I believe this thread has really done, prove that statement ;).

I said the fabric of space itself...we know how the universe was formed *or at least have a very good explanation*. I'll let that slide though :).

Admittedly it is rather unrealistic that something came out of nothing to make something, however it's really all at that point a matter of pure faith. We all look for explanations whether they be religious or scientifically proven. However, just as there is no scientific proof of some form of higher being, there is also no scientific proof which disproves the matter. So again, faith is what it really boils down to. Some will choose to believe in a higher existence and others will choose to deny such existence; we are humans after all with the freedom to think and choose as we see fit. That, in retrospect, is what I believe this thread has really done, prove that statement ;).
Ugh, please tell me you didn't just say that. Negatives are, by definition, impossible to PROVE. Remember, gravity's 'just a theory' too; it could just be a magical dragon sucking us all down (and yes, I have actually heard that one before). All that can be done is accumulate contrary evidence, and most religious works out there have been shown with a high probability of accuracy to be erroneous in at least one way. The problem with a truly infinite god is that such a god would be unable to make mistakes, and I have to agree that the world is a pretty messed up place in general. It is highly unlikely, therefore, for there to exist a being that is simultaneously omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent. And don't give me any crap about a 'master plan' that we as lowly humans can't conceive of. One doesn't have far to look to refute that (specifically, Genesis 3:5).

Ugh, please tell me you didn't just say that. Negatives are, by definition, impossible to PROVE. Remember, gravity's 'just a theory' too; it could just be a magical dragon sucking us all down (and yes, I have actually heard that one before). All that can be done is accumulate contrary evidence, and most religious works out there have been shown with a high probability of accuracy to be erroneous in at least one way. The problem with a truly infinite god is that such a god would be unable to make mistakes, and I have to agree that the world is a pretty messed up place in general. It is highly unlikely, therefore, for there to exist a being that is simultaneously omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent. And don't give me any crap about a 'master plan' that we as lowly humans can't conceive of. One doesn't have far to look to refute that (specifically, Genesis 3:5).
The Bible can't prove anything, in my opinion. It has been edited and corrupted uncountable times and I don't believe for a second that it was created by God in the first place. I believe the Bible was created to keep people under control, to create an establishment that would lead people to an eternal bliss that they have named "heaven". This is the root of all religion.

If there is such an "infinite God", you can't understand Him. There may be a "master plan" after all. If the superior being is all knowing and infinitely smart, you have no grounds to say that such a "master plan" is stupid or impossible.

If there is such an "infinite God", you can't understand Him. There may be a "master plan" after all. If the superior being is all knowing and infinitely smart, you have no grounds to say that such a "master plan" is stupid or impossible.
G-E-N-E-S-I-S T-H-R-E-E F-I-V-E

This only works, though, if the god is question is the Yahweh/Jehovah, or by extension, Allah.

The Bible can't prove anything, in my opinion. It has been edited and corrupted uncountable times and I don't believe for a second that it was created by God in the first place. I believe the Bible was created to keep people under control, to create an establishment that would lead people to an eternal bliss that they have named "heaven". This is the root of all religion.

It wasn't made by God... It was made by those who had faith in God's teachings and compiled it into a book..

Back