• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Do you believe in God?

Re: Do u beleive in God?

well, there were many oracles and prophecies from the ancient world who predicted the end of the world in 2012. And literally all of the other things they prophesized happened as they said ot would. and I will not tell you why I believe it will happen during that year.
Name one. (Bear in mind the Mayans said nothing about the world ending in 2012, that's just their version of the y13k bug.)

I don't know any of their names, since I saw it on the history channel a while ago. But I do know one of them. There was an actual guy named Merlin in England way back who lived in the woods. He prophecized it. Also, the chinese a long time ago made something that contained this prediction.

Personally, I don't believe in a god or a heaven or a hell. I don't believe that there is some entity that controlls our every move and every thought

Actually, the Christian God (what I believe) gives everyone free will. What you say and do are completely up to your controll, but He already knows your entire life...if that makes sense...

He doesn't foce you to believe, he doesn't force you to do anything or to think anything, but He already knows what you will do and what you will believe in. So he knows who will go to Hell and who will go to Heaven.

No one mentioned the enormous amount of charity churches do. So please shut up about the "corruptness".

The charity the church gives is amazing. The "corruptness" lies in the beliefs they spread. Like I said before, religion is just something to control people, and the Catholics have made it more evident than anyone else.

I don't know any of their names, since I saw it on the history channel a while ago. But I do know one of them. There was an actual guy named Merlin in England way back who lived in the woods. He prophecized it. Also, the chinese a long time ago made something that contained this prediction.
I'm sorry, but 'some guy in Europe, or mabey Asia' isn't quite specific enough.
Actually, the Christian God (what I believe) gives everyone free will. What you say and do are completely up to your controll, but He already knows your entire life...if that makes sense...

He doesn't foce you to believe, he doesn't force you to do anything or to think anything, but He already knows what you will do and what you will believe in. So he knows who will go to Hell and who will go to Heaven.
This is starting to sound a bit too Calvinistic to me. Does not the very notion of predetermination imply a lack of free will? If not, does the existence of free will preclude a knowledge of the future? If the future is known, then it has been written and thus free will is an illusion. If free will is not an illusion, than the future is not written and thus cannot be known.

the corruptness only comes from Satan. he can have a big influence on people. and actually, a satanist knows more about God then a catholic does.

Satan, there is different names for him such as:

Lucifer(his real name) Prince of Darkness , Great Dragon and The Deceiver.

I'm sorry, but 'some guy in Europe, or mabey Asia' isn't quite specific enough.

This is starting to sound a bit too Calvinistic to me. Does not the very notion of predetermination imply a lack of free will? If not, does the existence of free will preclude a knowledge of the future? If the future is known, then it has been written and thus free will is an illusion. If free will is not an illusion, than the future is not written and thus cannot be known.

How so? I said it was a weird concept, and I've actually lost sleep thinking about it. I believe it to be free will because even though God ultimately knows what you will do, he doesn't controll how you get to that point or even if you get to that point. He just knows.

:confused:
I believe in god, i am catholic, God is real, GOD IS GREAT!!!
Huzzah!!!!

Meh, I really do not trust organized religon. I look at it as mass mind control, and because people give the religons power, the leaders become corrupt (As said in the old quote "Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."), and it becomes more and more twisted.

Do I believe in God? Yes. Do I follow an organized religon? No, I believe in my own personal beliefs... Which concerning this sort of thing are still being worked out. ;)

Hell, most Christian Churches are corrupted, and many 'Saved' are corrupt. An example? When the Spanish Catholics captured the leader of some Native South American tribe they were going to burn him at the stake...that is, unless he converted to Catholicism. If he did that, then they'd strangle him instead of burning him.

Oh yes, the Manifest Destiny. Wonderful example there as well.

First of all Windmage, your total number of posts as of the time of that last post was 666. Therefore I conclude that you are in fact the Antichrist, and that your appearance means that the rapture nuts are actually correct, and the world will end any day now.

Moving on...

First of all, with regards to all the doomsday predictions for 2012. Yes, many people have predicted that the world will end in 2012; however, this is not due to any particular significance of the year 2012. As I mentioned before, humans, especially religious extremists, have always held a fascination with doomsday predictions. There have been prophecies and predictions and all sorts of ancient saying texts twisted to fit a view that the world will end in 2012. However, other predictions can be found for 2013, and 2011. You can find stories of how people thought the world would end in 2000, or 1900, or at any time in human history. As I said before, people have perpetually believed that the rapture was in a matter of days, throughout the history of the Christian religion

Also I find it amusing that you’re citing evidence from ‘heathen’ sources to support your views of the end of the world originating from the Christian religion. According to the bible

Deuteronomy 18:9-13, TLB. "When you arrive in the Promised Land you must be very careful lest you be corrupted by the horrible customs of the nations now living there. For example, an Israeli who presents his child to be burned to death as a sacrifice to heathen gods, must be killed. No one may practice black magic, or call on the evil spirits for aid, or be a fortune teller, or be a serpent charmer, medium, or wizard, or call forth the spirits of the dead. Anyone doing these things is an object of horror and disgust to the Lord, and it is because the nations do these things that the Lord your God will displace them. You must walk blamelessly before the Lord your God."

On the subject of free will, it is impossible to have an omniscient creator and true free will. Assumingly that the Christian god did create mankind, the act of designing the species would remove free will. An omniscient being, while designing the structure of the brain, would know that how they design it would lead to humans thought processes operating in different ways, resulting in them leading different kinds of lives. An omniscient being would instantly know what results each kind of brain structure would bring, essentially choosing the actions of mankind at that moment in time. This also brings up the question of Satan, who many try and use as an excuse for the flaws of the religion. An omniscient god would know before creating Satan, just how much suffering, misery, death, and destruction creating him would bring, and by creating him ensure that it all happens. This is further evidence that the god of the Christian religion is inconceivably malevolent.

The other problem with free will is that at this time, humans do not completely posses it. We do not have complete control of our lives. Children who die during birth. People who live healthily their entire lives to die to a random heart attack. Countless masses that have their entire lives upturned during a sudden natural disaster. Those who are born into crushing, inescapable poverty. None of these people choose this; this isn’t the will of any of them. That is why the human race has strived to improve the world we live in, in order to give us control of our own lives.

No one mentioned the enormous amount of charity churches do. So please shut up about the "corruptness".

I don't believe the charity that comes from religous institutions should be credited soley to the institution. Unless you want to argue that the only factors that motivate people are fear (fear of hell) and greed (greed for heaven) then the motivating factor is a genuine compassion for other human beings. I think that the people who demonstrate this compassion do not need it enforced by fear or greed, and would help other without it. I believe, that without religion, charity and the desire to help other would still exist, but Jihads and Crusades would not. My feelings are accurately expressed in this quote:

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

– Professor Steven Weinberg, 1999

I refused to read the entire last post so I don't know if ID answered the people who predicted the 2012 armaggedon... Nostradamus and the Witch of the Sea (second possibly wrong name) predicted similar "prophecies" hundreds of years apart... Can't find the exact quote but I also found that Nostradamus predicted the 3 "antichrists"... Predicted Hitler, Napoleon, and the third hasn't appeared yet :p

Back