• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

First Zelda game

Dakare

Deus Ex Machina
Which was the first Zelda game you ever played? What was the experience that you had with it?

The first Zelda game I ever played was OoT. It was the best experience I ever had. The action, adventure, graphics. Everything about it was perfect that I wondered why I had never played a Zelda game before.

Me, it was Links Awakening DX, and that is the reason why I didn't get back into Zelda games for a while, as I could never get past the one room in Level 2, so that I was so frustrated that I gave up Zelda until the Oracle games.

Mine was windwaker.................I am horrible at OoT, and the original LoZ confuses me to no end........I love windwaker though:D

Mine was the Legend of Zelda 1986. The very first Zelda game. My father was trying to beat a boss, so he gave it to me and I beat him easily. From there on, I have every Zelda game, known to man (and several known to monkeys). I loved the Legend of Zelda for NES, but, when Ocarina of Time came out for N64, my whole perspective of Zelda changed. Then, when I got Master Quest, my intelligence got stronger, because that game was almost impossible to beat. It even said on the cover: "Only True Players Enter These Dungeons."

After I beat that, Twilight Princess was my next challenge. After I beat that, I'm just waiting for the GC Version of TP. Until then, Legend of Zelda was my first game, back in 1990, is when I played it. When I turned 1-year-old...

I admit I never beat OoT until I was twelve (when Bob first started ZS) even though I got it when I was seven. I played Link's Awakening after that and went on to MM which I only rented until I was 13 when I bought the game. After that my brothers bought the Oracle games and we waited until A Link to the Past when it came out on Gameboy. I then preordered Wind Waker and got Master Quest along with it. I still haven't beaten MQ. I played WW and although I never really liked it, it was a well thought out game. I also caught wind of the Collectors Edition by way of Bob and got that for free from Nintendo with registering stuff.

Not only was Link's Awakening DX my first Zelda game, it was my first half-decent game period. Until then, everything I had played was comparatively horrible. I had the exact same difficulty as Slyguy up there, but I did manage to eventually beat that particular room. I then bought a N64 and quickly thereafter a copy of OoT, which I loved. I also picked up OoS and my brother bought OoA for linking madness! Years later, WW proved (in my opinion) to be even better due to the abundence of sidequests and the more dynamic combat engine. Around the time of WW, I managed to obtain the LttP port for the GBA, with FSA and the NES Classics edition LoZ (original). Finally, I'm 15 hours into TP and I can honestly say that it is the best Zelda game I have ever played in my life.

Ah, this was so many years ago.

I was a wii one *I love using that word :p*, my parents had their NES. I played the first Legend of Zelda, not exactly beating it until I was a bit older, although I had alot of fun. My biggest experiance came with Ocarina of Time though. I was out from school with Chickenpox, and a bad case which lasted for a month, so my parents felt bad for me and bought Ocarina of Time for the N64. I threw in the game and could not stop playing. Maybe it was the fact I was having so much fun I didn't get any better :).

Either way, I was young when I played my first Zelda game, although Ocarina of Time had the first huge impact on me. Now Twilight Princess stole my OOT thunder, however Ocarina of Time will always have a place in my gamer heart as my first real Zelda experiance, aside from being two playing the good o'l 86 NES Zelda ;).

The first Zelda game I played was LttP. It will always be my favorite, at least until I play TP and judge. I played most of the others by borrowing them from friends, but now I'm buying my own. Of course I'm dead broke and can't buy the wii so I have to wait 12 more days to play TP. I'm in agony! But yeah, LttP was awsome (the one combined with FS).

Ah lets see.....

Oh yes :D

The first Zelda game I first played was Ocarina of Time. I would watch my cousin play it when i was a little kid and if he would leave the room, I would steal the controller for a few minutes while he was gone ^_^

I would reset the game *omg my cousing wanted to kill me for that* and i would start out as older link in the ToT. But, alas, i was little, and all i would do was run out into town, see the redeads, freak out, and run back inside :D

but then when i got older, my friend sold me his cuz he didnt play it *this person is a member of the forums* and i beat it ^_^

My first Zelda game was the original. The next one that was really big for me was LttP, which was given to me by a friend of my mom who couldn't beat the last boss. The bad thing is that when I was SO close to beating it, my stepdad erased the entire file, so I got to keep the game so I could start from scratch. I died about 150 times before I beat it. Strangely enough, when it was re-released on GBA, I beat it with 5 game overs... *shrugs* That was one of my biggest achievements next to beating Ocarina of Time Master Quest with only 1 game over.

My first Zelda game was Ocarina of Time. My friend had let me borrow it over the summer and i still hadn't beaten it until a week into school. I would've beaten it earlier but i was too scared of the Shadow Temple because of one room that had a bunch of wallmasters and to me they represent Spiders and then i had a really bad case of arachnophobia which i've actually had since i was little. Now i'm only freaked out by real spiders. My next Zelda game was The Minish Cap and that was fun. Beat it in a week or two. and now I've got the beautiful Twilight Princess.

(No, i'm not talking about Midna... pervs) :D

Hm, kind of hard for me to remember what was my first Zelda game I ever played. I think it was either Links Awakening or Ocarina of Time... owo;; Curses to my forgettful memory. Anyways, I'm pretty sure it was Ocarina of Time, cause, I mean, I was only around two years old when Links Awakening came out, so I doubt that one was it... So it probably was Ocarina of Time... Ah, so many good memories... so many good memories...

Back