• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Life Issues

ZeldaGuardian

The Great Sage of The Seven Sages
What's been going on in life?? Many things have been happening... The latest thing was the Paris Hilton Back to Jail incident. Others are about the war and should the president remain in office...

Honestly, I don't want Bush in-charge of this greatful country... I think he's ran this place into the ground by sending the troops over and not letting them back. However, my opinion is what I think... What do others think??

Well Bush can't run for re-election. No president can serve for more than two terms so once next year is over, he's out of there. Do I hate him: no. Do I like him: no. Do I agree with the decisions he's made: absolutely not.

Anyway the whole Paris Hilton thing was pretty funny. I think it showed people that she's not as dumb as everyone says she is. It was a good plan to get out of jail for medical reasons. Do I hate her: of course not, who could hate Paris Hilton. Do I like her: uh...maybe? Do I agree with the decisions she's made: well, it depends on which decision.

PS. shouldn't this thread go in the chat section?

well.......

i think that bush is doing a great job. all of u little kids can't say much because u can't vote. he had to send our troops over to iraq. that is like walking away when someone punches u in the face.
and for not letting our troops back......
the job over there isnt done yet! our mission was to restore peace and democracy to iraq and that is was he is planning on doing....
but as for republican democrat. i would have to say republican because i can't stand all those illegal border jumpers trying to take over america.

COME HERE LEGALLY! GET A BRAIN! GET A LIFE! WE DON'T WANT YOU!!!!!

I hate politics in genreal.... Dont like illegals.. Do it legally at least -.- Also, Id like to add, Polotics is touchy touchy like religion and abortion.. Keep it to some degree on the downlow cause people can get upset easily by this topic..

well. religion can be anything as long as you dont worship satan.

but i think abortion should be illegal unless the person was a rape victim.

well.......

i think that bush is doing a great job. all of u little kids can't say much because u can't vote. he had to send our troops over to iraq. that is like walking away when someone punches u in the face.
and for not letting our troops back......
the job over there isnt done yet! our mission was to restore peace and democracy to iraq and that is was he is planning on doing....
but as for republican democrat. i would have to say republican because i can't stand all those illegal border jumpers trying to take over america.

COME HERE LEGALLY! GET A BRAIN! GET A LIFE! WE DON'T WANT YOU!!!!!

krimson, I agree with you about the border jumpers, but I disagree about the Iraq war. Sending troops there is nothing like getting hit in the face and walking away. If anything its more like retaliating against the person who hit you. If 9/11 was Alqueada(sp*) punch in our face, then the troops over there are our baseball bat in there groin and head (but mostly groin cause that hurts more).

Just to throw in my two cents, I don't agree with invading Iraq. Iraq had nothing to do with the 9/11 attacks and Sadam was not hiding any WMDs.

However, with that said, now that we're there we need to stay until the job is done. If we were to leave now, we would leave Iraq in chaos and cause even further uprisings in the Middle East. I basically renounced my affiliation with the democratic party after the initial passing to require all the troops home by years end, stupidest action ever! Honestly, has history *Vietnam, Russia + Afghanistan* taught us anything?

i never said that iraq had something to do with iraq. i know they didn't that was osama bin laden. saddam hussein is a bad leader to the iraqi's and threatened the us. with W.M.D's so we had to go check out if we were safe or not. we caught saddam but there is still alot of violence against innocent people over there from saddams old posse.

Even if I don't agree with why we went to Iraq, I understand why, but am I the only one who remembers this?
461-mission_accomplished.jpg

Remember that? Yhea, that was in May. Of 2003. As in four years ago. Why are we still there?

And now, to answer my rhetorical question before anyone else does, it's because Iraq still does not have a stable democratic government. Let's look at things in perspective. Iraq is almost exactly in the middle of what used to be the Fertile Crescent, one of the first locations of human civilization. They've had autocratic government since then. They've had dictators for seven thousand years, do we really think we can change that in seven years? Fifteen years? A century? Iraq isn't another Vietnam, it's another Philippines. They finally kicked us out after forty years. Not a very good track record, I must say.

Pulling out now would completely destroy the governmental infrastructure of Iraq... Also, wouldnt pulling out give cause to other terroristical ppl to invade a weakened Iraq, taking it over, and only cause more bloodshed? Furthermore, would it be bad to say it may make it seem that the U.S. hasn't the guts to overhaul a government? Its the American Way to try and Americanize a government.. We tried with Japan, The Phillipines, and Mexico.. (sarcastically) We've taken the Oriental area of the world, the South American part of the world, why stop there?!

I was just wondering, say we do accomplish in Iraq what we wanted. What happens then? Do we pull out and just leave them in the rubble or do we help them rebuild and start another Reconstruction? Everyone remember how that went

We will help them rebuild, that is part of our mission; and as for the 2008 election, I think if Hillary or the other democrat get in they will be assassinated.

We will help them rebuild, that is part of our mission; and as for the 2008 election, I think if Hillary or the other democrat get in they will be assassinated.
One word: why?

Edwards, Hillary, and heck, even Obama are each leading over every single major Republican candidate. The Bush backlash has almost ruined '08 for the GOP.

because. obama and hilary are both minorities.

(this is not my opinion!!!!!!!!!!) there are alot of people that dont want to change to a black or woman president)

ya. i'm glad a woman has run too. but if only it was someone good. i still think she and obama will be assassinated if they make president.

Last year a woman tried to run for democratic candidate, but not enough people supported her. Just wanted to point out that Hilary isn't the first woman to try to run for president. But remember that she hasn't been voted as the candidate yet.

I wasnt aware of that, thanks for setting me straight.. but it will be a power hungry crazed person if Clinton gets elected.

Back