• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Online ZS Wii Tourneys

Edit: Still though, I think your overlooking the factor of "funness" that we'd be removing from these games if we're making them less Brawlish. That's the reason I wanted to do this tournament. For fun.
And what about the people like me who think that no items is fun, and that items ultimately can ruin the experience of a pure Brawl?

Maybe let the people who want items play items, and people who don't play without, and if both have differing opinions, comprimise (R/P/S maybe?), though I'd prefer a simple - no items.

You know, we could have weekly matches, like the Chat Trivia. We don't always need a reward each time. We should also get a high score page up on the site.

IDEA ALERT

We all get Skype accounts... that would solve the non-voice chat problem and help organize better.

Who agrees?

That would be pretty cool.

For those of you who don't know what Skype is:

With Skype’s free software you can chat away with free Skype-to-Skype calls and never worry about cost, time or distance. Share the love and get your friends to download Skype so you can talk, chat or make video calls for nothing. You can also make local, long distance and international calls to phones and cell phones at great rates too.

Conference calls are really handy when you need to catch up with everyone. Save time by not having to chat separately with your contacts (we all know how long that can take).
You can even have a conference call with up to 10 people using Skype and people using phones and mobiles at the same time, so you can get all your buddies together on the same call, whether they’re using Skype or not.

Yeah, so its a free and easy voice chat.

Just an add-in to (I think now is a good time to reveal it) Versac's Co-Webmaster project involves setting up SSBB tournaments with Zelda Sages. So, a few weeks after release when everyone's beefed up, unlocked people, etc we'll start having a few events :).

btw, awesome idea with skype! You'd need to make sure you have a laptop next to you, but whatever works.

Just an add-in to (I think now is a good time to reveal it) Versac's Co-Webmaster project involves setting up SSBB tournaments with Zelda Sages. So, a few weeks after release when everyone's beefed up, unlocked people, etc we'll start having a few events :).

btw, awesome idea with skype! You'd need to make sure you have a laptop next to you, but whatever works.
It would probably be best to start gathering people and to have a set start date for the tournament ASAP, since the game is only a week away from being released, and the earlier the stuff is set up, the less there will be last-second scrambling and screw-ups with the tournament. How would March 21/22 sound as starting dates for a tournament?

Also, how would you type while playing? >_<

It would probably be best to start gathering people and to have a set start date for the tournament ASAP, since the game is only a week away from being released, and the earlier the stuff is set up, the less there will be last-second scrambling and screw-ups with the tournament. How would March 21/22 sound as starting dates for a tournament?

Also, how would you type while playing? >_<
We should start having them the week that a lot of ppl on this site go on school break. I suggest it being at 7or8 at night.

Can everyone post if they have a headset and can work with the idea of skyping during Brawl matches?

We should start having them the week that a lot of ppl on this site go on school break. I suggest it being at 7or8 at night.

Can everyone post if they have a headset and can work with the idea of skyping during Brawl matches?

I don't have a headset, but I do have a microphone. I wouldn't mind getting a headset, though.

It all sounds good but I need to get a wii. I won't be able to get one for awhile because someone told me that none of the stores have them right now. when will they be back?

Back