• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Smash Bros News

Slyguy46

Subtle as a Ninja Pirate!
Just thought I'd make a thread for all non-music related SSBB news.

June 27: New Item - Banana Peel

June 28: Names. Not much importance, but still news.

June 29: Wario's Special Moves - Wario Chopper and Wario Waft.

July 2: Assist Capsules/ Samurai Goro and Hammer Bros

July 3: BOWSER ... danananaaaaaaaaaaa danananaaaaaaaaaaaa danananaanaananaaaaaaaaaa.

July 4: Bowser Final Smash: Giga Bowser Transformation

July 5: How to initiate Smash Attack and Strong Attacks

July 6: The Bridge of Eldin Stage

July 9: Combos

July 10: Dr. Wright

July 11: Bumper

July 12: Donkey Kong and December 3rd release date.

July 13: Smashville

July 16: Starfox: Space Armada

July 17: Poke Ball- Deoxys

July 18: Samus Final Smash- Zero Suit Samus

July 19: Zero Suit Samus' Abilities

July 20: Poetic Version of Adventure Mode (aka Subspace Emissary)

July 23: Rumble Falls

July 24: Yoshi

July 25: Skyworld

July 26: Footstool Jump

July 27: Knuckle Joe Assist Trophy

July 30: Donkey Kong Final Smash: DK Bongos

July 31: Pitfall

August 1: Ike

August 2: Fire Emblem: Castle Siege

August 3: Subspace Emissary Movie

August 6: Smokeball

August 7: Ike's Special Moves

August 8: Kid Icarus: the Underworld (music)

August 9: Pit's Final Smash - Palutena's Army

August 10: Franklin Badge

August 13: Pokemon Trainer and Pokemon Change

August 14: Devil (Assist Trophy)

August 15: Stickers

August 16: Tether Recovery

August 17: Peach

August 20: Link's Special Moves

August 21: The Subspace Army

August 22: Diddy Kong

August 23: Yoshi's Final Smash "Super Dragon", and Music "Go K. K. Rider!"

August 24: Petey Piranha

August 27: Superspicy Curry

August 28: Special Move Explaination, Metaknight's Special Moves, and Andross Assist Trophy

August 29: Pokemon Trainer's Special Moves

August 30: Gliding

August 31: WarioWare

September 3: Pit's Descent

September 4: Diddy Kong Special Moves

September 5: Meta Knight

September 6: Pokemon Stadium and Mario's Down Special Move

oh and heres a link to the main site:
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html

You forgot the nintendog for the assist trophies. But it's looking like this is gonna be the best SSB ever.

Oh yeah ... thanks for pointing that out.

BTW: I am updating these EVERY DAY right now, but next week I'll be away from tech, so someone else please update.

Newest character return is...BOWSER

New item is "Assist trophies" which are summonings that summon characters to help you out. These so far include: Hammer Bro, Nintendogs, and Samurai Goro

The newest news: Bowser is returning, but with a major vengeance. Anyone remember Giga Bowser from Melee? Bowser's "final smash technique" is a transformation into the beast for a short time.

Also, I didn't notice this though it is old. Pikachu has a new "final smash technique" as well. Volt Tackle, which for pokemon it means a lightning type double edge, and for SSBB people means it turns into aa electric ball that can be easily moved to land wuick hits and deal a ton of damage.

EDIT: Today's news is the controls of non-special attacks, and it tells you for all four ways of control how to: do a normal attack, do a "strong attack" (tilted in one direction as opposed to just hitting a button, and the classic smash attack :)

The Bridge of Eldin from Twilight Princess was announced today as the new stage. Although it is just a flat terrain, the King Bulblin will make an apperance and either plow you over or throw a bomb and make a hole in the bridge. If he makes a hole, a warp will transport a new chunk of the bridge in to fill said hole.

The newest news us the addition of Dr. Wright from the SimCity game on the SNES to the Smash Bros. Character lineup.

Also, yesterday that showed us how to make combos...

Uggh...this guy in THIS game?! That annoys me...if they're doing this, I had BETTER see the return of: Marth, Roy, Falco, AND Ness...or they shall suffer! >:3

Phew...I was freaking out all morning about that...I still hope those guys return though...if they don't I will be sad...:)'))

December 3rd, 2007 release date, as confirmed by the Nintendo E3 press event :).
*no one updated the thread with the date, just posted it somewhere else; I thought the thread could use it.*

And the newest character returning is...

Donkey Kong.

Also, there is a nice new 15 second video that includes Pikachu's, Bowser's, and Link's "Super Smash Attacks"

That was from the E3 Press Confrence though

Today's update is my favorite update so far... The newest stage in SSBB is...

SMASHVILLE
(An Animal Crossing stage)

stage06_070713a-l.jpg

The stage turns to day and night depending on your Wii's internal clock. Spectators get to sit down to some coffee and if you play Saturday at 8pm you get to listen to the K.K guy (dog with guitar).

stage06_070713e-l.jpg

Yeah, that stage looks awesome. I wonder if the Animal Crossing team helped them...

Anyway, this looks like it'll be the best Smash Bros. Game ever, and I can't wait until 12-3-07!

Deoxys has joined the game as a pokeball pokemon. Hehe, everyone is gonna hate Hyperbeam...

Woah... That was scary... I was gonna post it a few minutes ago... but then the phone rang so i got it... and when i came back somebody already posted it 0_0

Lol... these assist trophies and pokeballs at first look like they're a new character

Back