• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Review Super Smash Brothers Melee

UltimaLink007

Hope Never Dies
Here is my review of SSBM. Yes, Slyguy has his, but I wanted to make my own, so... yeah. :D

Sound/Voice Acting - 10/10: SSBM has a very wide variety of awesome nintendo music, which is ALWAYS an asset to any game by nintendo. Some musics are triggered by holding L + R when entering a stage. Some of these "special songs" are Together We Ride (Fire Emblem), Saria's Song (Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time), and the Final Destination special music (SSBM). Others which are just the normal music for the stages, are also great. Such as: The Legend of Zelda overworld (The Legend of Zelda), and The Super Mario overworld (Super Mario Brothers). Overall, this game has excellent music, that is very enjoyable...especially when you're completely owning someone. :D There isn't much voice acting, except for taunts and battle cries, but they are satisfying nonetheless. Once you unlock the sound room, you get to enjoy all of the awesome music whenever you want... Now if noone minds...I'm putting on Together We Ride ;)

Graphics - 9/10: Easily some of the best ever seen on the Game Cube console, and the great graphics, go along with the phenomenal gameplay. I can see the grain on Mario's overalls...whoopadeedoo. I like pausing to look at the beautiful magic attacks and the effects on their victims, like Zelda using the shiny foot magic kick on somebody, or Din's Fire, or Mewtwo's grab and throw... or even Fox's grab + Down B move. The graphics are great, and there's not much else to be said...

GAMEPLAY - 10+/10: The gameplay owns... This game never gets boring even if you play by yourself for hours...and hours...and hours on end. It has a variety of one-player modes, stadium matches, event matches, and a Versus mode that you can play all by yourself in! You get to customize the items, the stage, what character you want, what color your character is, how difficult your opponent(s) are, your opponent(s) character(s) and their color(s). And then there are the specialty modes, which add new fresh, brands of fun to the game. There are also different forms of melee, and you can set lives, time, or anything else you can think of. Classic Mode is pretty much a tournament where every match is a different event. Leading up to a final battle with Master Hand, and if Normal or higher, Crazy Hand too. Then Adventure mode brings you through many stages, and many special events, leading up to a final battle with giant Bowser, Normal or up has you fight Giga Bowser right after that. and All-Star mode is where you must fight 4: 1 on 1, then 4: 2 on 1, and then 4: 3 on 1 battles, with only 3 heart containers as health replenishment. The final battle is a face-off with 20 Mr. Game and Watches. Gameplay is the center of it all, a large, healthy heart to an excellent game.

Replay Value - 10/10: This game goes on forever, unlocking, battling with friends or against computers for fun, and many other things too. You can play as much as you want, however you want, in whatever mode you want, and this game STILL refuses to get the least bit old or boring on you. That my friends makes this game even better than anyone could have percieved in their minds prior to this game's release.

Overall - 10/10: This game is phenomenal, and if you don't have it, get it, or I will beat you senseless you like the United States to Nazi Germany, and it WILL HURT...BAD. Seriously, with phenomenal, well...EVERYTHING, Super Smash Brothers Melee is everything we hoped and dreamed for...and then some more. That is my review, of one of the greatest games I have had the utmost pleasure of playing. Thank you.

I just added 'details' you went with the "SSBm is so friken awesome...nuff said" approach. I just EXPLAINED how and why this game is awesome...'nuff said :)

I suspect that SSBM reviews will continue to be created for quite some time. I doubt that we will ever truly see the end of them.

This game might be the greatest game on GameCube, or possibly on any Nintendo systems.

I think that on the GCN, SSBM is the top, hands down. TP is better on the Wii, because the interactivity is so much better than the GCN version. I say SSBM IS the best for the GCN, but that's my opinion. TP is by far the best on the Wii...

I think Resident Evil 4 was the greatest gamecube game to ever come out.
Why?
Because PS2 and Xbox people didnt give a hoot about super smash brothers melee. It was full of deranged fluffy nintendo characters, so no one cared.

Resident Evil 4 was not only better than any of the other system's games, but it also appealed to Xbox and PS2 fans because of it's lack of Nintendo fluffiness.
It made everyone realize that the Gamecube wasn't just some little purple purse. It was a machine capable of true greatness.
No other game has had such an impact on the Gamecube, in my opinion.
Too bad it was the only one of it's kind.

Then of course PS2 got a copy of Resident Evil 4, but lets not go there.;)

There is no doubt that RE4 was easily one of the greatest games for the gamecube, but please stop putting this magnificent game down... and Link is NOT fluffy...:mad: he just owns...:D

Back