• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Review Super Smash Brothers Melee

Look, lets just agree that both games are awesome. After all, in NP's top 200, both these games were in the top 15 (with 4RE as #2.)

1) Kirby does not own... Pikachu can smash him any day, time, and place.
everyone that i know hates it when i'm Pikachu because on occasion i can be a real cheap shot.

2) great review, i love the game but i have to admit that after a while it can get a little old. just take a weeks break and it's brand new again!!!

Cool it guys, we can wait until Brawl comes out with wi-fi so we can decide once and for all. And besides, Marth is utterly unstoppable at high levels of play. The countering cheapness is extrodinary.

Cool it guys, we can wait until Brawl comes out with wi-fi so we can decide once and for all. And besides, Marth is utterly unstoppable at high levels of play. The countering cheapness is extrodinary.

Pikachu+Thunder (in lower level of Hyrule Castle) = The god of cheap

Dont you dare discourage kirby!!! He owns, marth stinks and compared to roy is obsolete and I dont have thw wii so there! Ill settle this by going to ur houses and owning u allll!

Roy is slow. There's no avoiding the fact. Marth is fast. This is also true. They have about the same attack power when used effectifely (Marth's sword is strongest at the tip, Roy's at the hilt), and Marth's counter is more powerful. This is the key aspect. Marth/Roy's counter blocks any attack when used properly, and the timing is far easier on Marth. Don't get me wrong; they're still theoretically beatable with excessive item luck, but a skilled player can shut down an opponent's entire offense, including ranged attacks. These fights can get very boring and repetative though, so I do not like playing Marth even though I will use him when I really need a win in a tournament. If possible, I will use Falco due to his sheer agility overload, and I will use Mewtwo if I can get away with it. Yes, Mewtwo is slow and easy to throw, but playing as him is fun. (These are just opinions, feel free to blast them (If you have a logical argument). Be careful though, as I will blast back (with a more detailed analysis of the characters' abilities).)

I do not blast, I agree. The sheer agility of Falco, combined with his "in my opinion" powerfull melee and somewhat capable ranged add up to a great powerhouse.

fine, i admit that i also like falco for his speed but his side+B move (forgot what it's called) is annoying because if you're too close to the edge and you go off it won't let you jump back on in time. so you are pretty much committing suicide.

Marth may be good but kirby, in the right hands, and overload an overload! Its like voldo from Soul Caliber.. so many moves.. just keep[ the opponent guessing so they cant counter.

Back