• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

the argumentative music thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

teh hippie

Loftwing
this is mostly aimed at targelion, but this is here to argue about music. add a topic if you feel the need to argue, but let us finish our previous argument before we move on.

Topic #1:Led Zeppelin Vs. Nightwish

3.....2.....1.....FIGHT!!!!!!

well, the reason i like nightwish is because I like the way they sound and the type of music they play. the stuff they sing about is fantasy like. also, I prefer girl singers to guy singers.

The reason I like Led Zeppelin is because it's four professional educated musicians who have come together to make an amazing musical breakthrough using bluesy rock patterns, catchy yet ripping guitar solos, raw though enchanting vocals, amazing bass lines, unbelievable battery rhythms and solos, and an overall genius music composition that makes every Led Zeppelin song.

the reason I don't like led zeppelin is because there are no girl singers in it, the way they write their music and sing their songs, and Robert Plants voice

The reason I don't like Nightwish is because their music is amateurishly written and the singer's voice is far too high. Also they have no guitar solos (most likely because the guitarist is terrible).

Nightwish is better. In some songs they have orcastras backing them up. The variety of their songs is amaizing, and their lyrcs have deep meaning. AKA: THEY DON'T SING ABOUT THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

Oh yeah, dwarfs, elves, orcs, mages, the list goes on and on and on.

Love is so much better to sing about. And they do have songs not about love, just not too many.

Nightwish and Led Zeppelin aren't even in the same weight class... Nightwish is in single A amatuar level while LZ is the heavyweight champion of the world...

Too true, teddy. Zeppelin is so amazing and awesome. They basically invented the genre that Nightwish is in (metal), not to mention inventing hard rock (my favorite) and reviving the roots of all rock, rock and roll. Face it without Led Zeppelin, rock today would not exist.

but there are different kinds of metal, like viking metal, battle metal, death metal, heavy metal, folk metal, etc. Nightwish is SYMPHONIC metal. what kind of metal is Led Zeppelin?

Metal is the overall genre.. What is LZ in metal anyway?
What do you mean by that?

Led Zeppelin was the most influential band to rock and metal, even more than the Rolling Stones. Without them metal, rock, viking metal, finnish metal, nothing metal or rock would exist.

And Targ, Deep Purple was one of the first and perhaps the most famous symphonic metal band in history, along with Uriah Heep, both of whom came around in the 60s. Nightwish has its roots in classic rock and has achieved neither the fame nor the quality of most of them.

Too true, teddy. Zeppelin is so amazing and awesome. They basically invented the genre that Nightwish is in (metal), not to mention inventing hard rock (my favorite) and reviving the roots of all rock, rock and roll. Face it without Led Zeppelin, rock today would not exist.
oh so very true. and you gotta admit, nightwish has respect for zep, cuz they did a zep cover. i dont like nightwish because they have the worst guitar solos that couldnt hook a friggin whale. their lyrics are incomprehensible and repetitive, and their drummer really sucks. metal cant be done without good rhythm. zep, on the other hand, has guitar solos that are so addicting youd punch your grandma in the face to hear another one, have creative lyrics that actually mean something, have a wide range of songs that mix all genres into an awesome three minutes, and have John "Bonzo" Bonham, who is credited as being the best rock drummer of all time. argue with THAT

come on. I know you like Led Zeppelin but you also like nightwish, maybe not as much, but you like them nonetheless. and what kind of lyrics does Led Zeppelin have? what are they about? also, just because nightwish doesn't have many guitar solos and they aren't that great doesn't make thaem a bad band. Lets just say this: Nightwish is for fantasy and scandinavia fans. and you still didn't answer my question: What kind of metal is Led Zeppelin? I think it is rusty deteriorated metal.

Oh yeah, dwarfs, elves, orcs, mages, the list goes on and on and on.

Love is so much better to sing about. And they do have songs not about love, just not too many.

Okay. Nightwish sings about more than just fantasy. Look at the song Eva for example. Mocked by man to depths of shame
Little girl with life ahead
For a memory of one kind word
She would stay among the beasts
Time for one more daring dream
Before her escape, edenbeam
We kill with her own loving heart

Eva flies away
Dreams the world far away
In this cruel children's game
There's no friend to call her name
Eva sails away
Dreams the world far away
The Good in her will be my sunflower field

This is the second verse and chorus. Fantasy? I think not. Also much of what you may call fantasy may very well be similies and metaphores of the real world from an abstact point of view.

Owned much? Also, look up the awards and charts Leppelin has been on... now check Nightwish.. Who won nothing!?

Nightwish got platinum awards for their Dark Passion Play album. Look it up.

Wow, they totally deserved that award because Passion Play like wasn't written by Jethro Tull, right?
(Sarcasm)^

Also, it wasn't just John Bonham who had a "greatest" rating, Jimmy Page is arguably the best guitarist in history, John Paul Jones, although less heard of, is an amazing and skilled musician, and Robert Plant is considered to have one of the greatest voices in the history of rock (not to mention his amazing range).

Ladies and gentlemen, John Paul Jones

That thing takes skill to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back