• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

The Official Zeldasages Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only juliani staid in the republican race....he was doing fine so y did he drop out.....and obhama has a better chance then hillary cause hes younger and african american and hilliary is a women but the united states has had to deal with her for 20 years so i think obaham and mcain for the elections

That was just one enormous run-on sentence.. And as it stands, Hillary is in the lead, losing Vermont but gaining the other three states.

That was just one enormous run-on sentence.. And as it stands, Hillary is in the lead, losing Vermont but gaining the other three states.
:confused::confused::confused:

She still has 1,449 delegates to Obama's 1,551, and that's not counting the Texas caucus* in which Obama is winning. How did you get Hillary as winning?

*before anyone says something along the lines of 'Texas is not a caucus, it's a primary you n00b!' I'm just going to pre-empt them with the explanation that Texas runs both a primary for 148 and a caucus for 45. It's not much compared to the full primary, but it's still something.

Lol teddy... where do you get your news?

Um... Guliani had banked on winning Florida and when that didn't happen, he was out of it Mr. Cuddles.

Update to the Texas primary: Obama has won the caucus by a large enough margin that he's actually getting more delegates out of Texas than Hillary. Atomic Tuesday has, incredibly enough, done just about nothing in terms of changing the lead. Unfortunately for Hillary, that means that two of her biggest chances to retake the lead failed to pan out. It's on the ropes now.

I don't think her goal was to take the lead exactly. I believe she was just trying to stop Obama's momentum so she could possibly win the trust of some super delegates and pick up some momentum going into the primaries coming up in a few weeks. She succeeded in slowing Obama down by essentially winning 3/4, and winning the popular vote. Notice the trend of her winning the BIG states.

She hinted towards a Obama and Clinton/ Clinton and Obama ticket this morning.

Yeah, while Obama still has about the same lead in overall delegates, atomic tuesday was still a victory for the Clinton campagins in several ways. The first and obviously most important is that Obama's momentum has been stopped, before these primaries, many of her supporters were begining to doubt if she could still win the primary. Now that the momentum is broken, she should probably start getting more donations again, from people who believe the money won't be wasted. It also stopped the growing tide of superdelegates who were leaving her. All the superdelegates are politicians who want to continue their careers, so all of them want to back the winner, and now that the identity of the winner has been called back into question less will make commitments. Finally, this gives her campaign a legitimate argument to make concerning the general election, specifically that they're winning the big states that will be vital in the general election.

As for a Clinton/Obama or Obama/Clintion ticket, neither seems to likely at this point. A Clinton/Obama ticket seems more plausible, as Clinton would gain alot from Obama's charisma and grassroot support structure. However, considering the tone the campaign has taken recently, I doubt that Obama would be particularly inclined to accept. The idea for a Obama/Clinton ticket is pretty ridiculous. Adding Clinton to the ticket would basically destroy his appeal to indepent and republicans, which would be vital for his general election campaign. If Obama wins the nomination, he'll probably select an older and more experienced candidate who's strong on the subject of national security, but who's not as polariziing as Hillary.

Versac and I completely destroyed the argument several pages back if you all care to take a look-see. I'd rather not have another immigration war.

Response to judge article:
If someone wants to enlist early and has permission from the foster parents and social worker let them! Honestly now it should not be up to a judge to decide that someone can not pursue the dream of serving their country. The military needs strong minded individuals such as this boy. The judge herself even said she was against the war, big yippee. Not all enlistees serve in Iraq. It's ignorant individuals like this judge that clearly have no concept of the military.

I attended to 2005 National Scout Jamboree. The event was held on a Virginia military base with a radius of around 14 miles *so a heck of alot of room, hehe*. The members of the armed forces are some of the best people this country has to offer. I don't care what anyone says, I worked and lived with members of the armed forces for two weeks and I can attest they care about every individual no matter who they are or what their position is. Unless you've shared such an experience I ask that you not even attempt to create a counterpoint because I can tell you right now that your argument will fail and die in a horrible blaze of doom ;).

Unless you've shared such an experience I ask that you not even attempt to create a counterpoint because I can tell you right now that your argument will fail and die in a horrible blaze of doom ;).
Roflcopter down!

This is an interesting thought I had: Why is it that mostly more conservative-minded people want to serve their country in the military? I'm sure there are plenty of libs in the military but overall i think conservatives are more patriotic then liberals.

For example: http://www.breitbart.tv/html/49244.html
"For the first time in my adult life I've been proud of my country."
Wow.

It's "I am really proud". Really being an adjective meaning more than usual.

I'll admit I'm liberal (I actually believe in the Libertarian party views more than the Democratic party), but regardless I am proud of my country. I support the troops, just not the war.

But, yeah, you can't really say that Michelle Obama has never been proud of the US in her life. It's just that she's really proud now.

This is an interesting thought I had: Why is it that mostly more conservative-minded people want to serve their country in the military? I'm sure there are plenty of libs in the military but overall i think conservatives are more patriotic then liberals.
...and here it goes again. The conservative monopoly on patriotism returns. The only problem is, who do we know in politics that has actually fought in a war? Well, there's McCain, the 'maverick' of the Republican party. There's Powell, who resigned/was fired. Oh, and of course, John Kerry. Say what you like about his purple hearts, but silver stars aren't exactly party favors.

I'm sensing a common pattern of veteran ≠ patriot if veteran = liberal.

Is this guy insane, or what?

http://michaelsavage.com/jeramiah-speech.html

Racist, anyone? Yeah, that's Obama's preacher. That's the guy that would inaugurate Obama on the steps of Capitol Hill if he were to be elected.

In other parts of the speech not posted there, he says, "God damn America"...

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=4443788&page=1

This also brings back the point about many liberals hating this country. He claims america is to blame for 9/11 and that we were wrong in dropping the atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagaski... that's when he goes on to say "God Damn America".

This also brings back the point about many liberals hating this country. He claims america is to blame for 9/11 and that we were wrong in dropping the atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagaski... that's when he goes on to say "God Damn America".
Those are common views, don't be so outraged.

Is this guy insane, or what?

http://michaelsavage.com/jeramiah-speech.html

Racist, anyone? Yeah, that's Obama's preacher. That's the guy that would inaugurate Obama on the steps of Capitol Hill if he were to be elected.

In other parts of the speech not posted there, he says, "God damn America"...

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=4443788&page=1

Barack Obama has repeadtedly denounced this guy's comments when he's veered into racism like this.

Michael Savage makes me happy :p

We aren't to blame for 9/11, is was the radical thoughts of others...

We were totally justified for dropping the bomb! Let the controversy begin!!!

That's capitalism, here's communism:

Work hard
Make everyone happy
Have as good a life as everyone else
Be equal to everyone else
Die happy, knowing you made everyone else happy

unless your lazy then you still live fine while every one else does your work for you

ahmen to that 9/11 was not our fault it was the readical islam people who need to be brought to justice
080706wtc1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back