• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

The Official Zeldasages Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amen.

You know, if marijuana is legalized i might want to try it. Then i'll realize how great it feels and ill wanna try something even better. So then im addicted to all this crap... nice. My point is... if the government makes it legal, people like me will think it is perfectly safe to have. Having one drug will eventually lead me to taking more and more so legalizing marijuana is just a stupid idea.

Yes that is why it is considered a gateway drug, which appears to be the strongest argument for why marijuana should stay illegal.

But look at it this way, cigarettes are legal, do people think their perfectly safe to have? Cheeseburgers are legal, does that mean you should eat them all the time and expect not to see a change in your health?
Or perhaps you don't want ordinary cheeseburgers, you want to try something even better, like a Quarter Pounder with Cheese....

...This reasoning can be said with anything and all it really boils down to the individual and their self control. I imagine you don't have a problem eating to many cheeseburgers. But lots of obese people do. Does that mean cheeseburgers should be illegal for everyone?

Yes that is why it is considered a gateway drug, which appears to be the strongest argument for why marijuana should stay illegal.

But look at it this way, cigarettes are legal, do people think their perfectly safe to have? Cheeseburgers are legal, does that mean you should eat them all the time and expect not to see a change in your health?
Or perhaps you don't want ordinary cheeseburgers, you want to try something even better, like a Quarter Pounder with Cheese....

...This reasoning can be said with anything and all it really boils down to the individual and their self control. I imagine you don't have a problem eating to many cheeseburgers. But lots of obese people do. Does that mean cheeseburgers should be illegal for everyone?
That's my point! These are perfect examples of why marijuana shouldn't be legalized. In fact I gave them in an earlier post. I said look at McDonalds, they have it all over the world, but this is the only country who has a fourth of its population obese. I don't know about Amsterdam, but I'm sure people here wouldn't be able to control themselves much better with marijuana than with McDonalds.

And McDonalds should probably be illegal (or at least food should have some stricter safety guidelines to follow) because it is toxic. Look what it did to people, marijuana's effect will be worse.

That's my point! These are perfect examples of why marijuana shouldn't be legalized. In fact I gave them in an earlier post. I said look at McDonalds, they have it all over the world, but this is the only country who has a fourth of its population obese. I don't know about Amsterdam, but I'm sure people here wouldn't be able to control themselves much better with marijuana than with McDonalds.

And McDonalds should probably be illegal (or at least food should have some stricter safety guidelines to follow) because it is toxic. Look what it did to people, marijuana's effect will be worse.

Ah, but doesn't that sacrifice certain freedoms? Shouldn't perfectly sensible self-controlled people have the right to eat a cheeseburger, or in this case, smoke marijuana? Those people shouldn't have to pay the price for those that cannot control themselves.

Ugh. Gateway drugs are gateway drugs because they are addictive. Marijuana is not particularly addictive. Ergo, marijuana is not a gateway drug unless you also consider caffeine a gateway drug. NEXT!

Ah, but doesn't that sacrifice certain freedoms? Shouldn't perfectly sensible self-controlled people have the right to eat a cheeseburger, or in this case, smoke marijuana? Those people shouldn't have to pay the price for those that cannot control themselves.
Democracy is pretty unfair, isn't it?

Ugh. Gateway drugs are gateway drugs because they are addictive. Marijuana is not particularly addictive. Ergo, marijuana is not a gateway drug unless you also consider caffeine a gateway drug. NEXT!

I might actually consider caffeine a gateway drug. But from my McDonald's post, anything can be really when you think about it.

Democracy is pretty unfair, isn't it?

Yes

I read an article in the New York Times this morning (April 12th, if you don't trust me and want to read it yourself) about illegal immigration and citizenship. It says about 89,000 legal immigrants every year are denied American citizenship because of ridiculous technicalities and risk being deported.

The article started with a story about a Philippine doctor and his wife who lived and worked in the US for over a decade and who was denied citizenship because of some technicality with his marriage over 25 years ago.

The article claims that this is a huge reason why there are so many illegals in the country.

I read an article in the New York Times this morning (April 12th, if you don't trust me and want to read it yourself) about illegal immigration and citizenship. It says about 89,000 legal immigrants every year are denied American citizenship because of ridiculous technicalities and risk being deported.

The article started with a story about a Philippine doctor and his wife who lived and worked in the US for over a decade and who was denied citizenship because of some technicality with his marriage over 25 years ago.

The article claims that this is a huge reason why there are so many illegals in the country.
That is not the reason millions of Illegal Immigrants come to this country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back