• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

The Official Zeldasages Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhh...really? How about the fact that you smoke it? Do I need to cite that? I'll just pull up a database that details how you make a joint and light it on fire and inhale.
Can you just give me some objective figures? All you've done is cite subjective assumptions.

Ok, so "inhaling carbon dioxide along with whatever else the burning marijuana emits is harmful for your lungs" is just an assumption?

Ok, so "inhaling carbon dioxide along with whatever else the burning marijuana emits is harmful for your lungs" is just an assumption?
Yes. Who says you have to smoke it? The mass public will, but give us some numbers to support your position that marijuana is especially harmful.

Yes. Who says you have to smoke it? The mass public will, but give us some numbers to support your position that marijuana is especially harmful.
It's not especially harmful, it's just about as harmful as alcohol, maybe less, but do we really need it legalized and mass produced?

It's not especially harmful, it's just about as harmful as alcohol, maybe less, but do we really need it legalized and mass produced?
It's better for you.
It's less addictive.
It would pull business away from drug dealers.
It would eliminate deaths from tainted drugs.
It would draw users from alcohol and nicotine.

What's bad about this?

Alcohol kills your heart, brain, liver, nervous system, gallblader, and your skeleton. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-term_effects_of_alcohol

Marijuana kills your brain, lungs, nervous system, and causes many diseases. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_issues_and_effects_of_cannabis

Both cause cancer, but only one is legal. Marijuana does slightly less damage, and is even used medically. I say, if someone is stupid enough to use either, let them.

Oh, and if Marijuana is illegal, then the very first president of the US of A should have been arrested for growing it in his garden.

Wikipedia is lol as a source. Lrn2use other trustworthy sources please.

EDIT: Off topic, and lovin' it. Being a library nazi is fun! :3
What he said. Wikipedia is not the best source to compare the specifics health effects of certain substances. It's fine for general information, but the key word here is objective.

Although that's pretty common knowledge. I mean the fact that marijuana harms your brain, lungs, and nervous system. It's what happens when you smoke anything. And as for the diseases, the most knowable are: black lung, cancer (lung, tongue, throat, etc), tuberculosis...you know, lung stuff. From smoking.

Although that's pretty common knowledge. I mean the fact that marijuana harms your brain, lungs, and nervous system. It's what happens when you smoke anything. And as for the diseases, the most knowable are: black lung, cancer (lung, tongue, throat, etc), tuberculosis...you know, lung stuff. From smoking.
YES. WE GET IT. IT IS BAD FOR YOU.

The question is, how bad? After all, air pollution is bad for your brain, lungs, nervous system, etc. The matter is a matter of scale - a scale which you have yet to produce. Show me numbers saying that marijuana is worse than nicotine, then we'll talk.

Marijuana isn't worse than nicotine (as far as I know). It's definately worse than air pollution because you're directly inhaling it, air pollution is more like second-hand.

But do we really need it? It shouldn't matter "how bad" it is, just that it is bad.

Marijuana isn't worse than nicotine (as far as I know). It's definately worse than air pollution because you're directly inhaling it, air pollution is more like second-hand.

But do we really need it? It shouldn't matter "how bad" it is, just that it is bad.
Does it really need to be introduced? Probably not. Should it have been made illegal in the first place? Also probably not. Welcome to political limbo.

Ah, but air pollution and nicotine are both legal. If marijuana is somewhere between the two, how can it be harmful enough to justify legal action?

Does it really need to be introduced? Probably not. Should it have been made illegal in the first place? Also probably not. Welcome to political limbo.

Ah, but air pollution and nicotine are both legal. If marijuana is somewhere between the two, how can it be harmful enough to justify legal action?
You can't make air pollution illegal, and cigarettes are just too popular. Prohibition didn't work too good, remember? Same idea. If marijuana's legalized, you can bet your *** it won't be unlegalized again.

Ok, so air pollution is gone now right? That totally worked. Like nothing comes out of exhaust pipes anymore.
*sigh* Reading is good, Yoyolll. It answers so many questions without having to ask.

But since you did ask, the Kyoto Protocol needs to be ratified by individual countries in order for individual companies therein to be restrained. Guess who didn't ratify.

*sigh* Reading is good, Yoyolll. It answers so many questions without having to ask.

But since you did ask, the Kyoto Protocol needs to be ratified by individual countries in order for individual companies therein to be restrained. Guess who didn't ratify.
THE U.S.Who would've guessed?

Amen.

Wow... just what we need... more of these:
3362111.jpg

You know, if marijuana is legalized i might want to try it. Then i'll realize how great it feels and ill wanna try something even better. So then im addicted to all this crap... nice. My point is... if the government makes it legal, people like me will think it is perfectly safe to have. Having one drug will eventually lead me to taking more and more so legalizing marijuana is just a stupid idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back