• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

The Official Zeldasages Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many people smoke pipes these days? There's like Hugh Heffner and his wannabes.
The point is that the option is there for those who wish to die of lung cancer in 50 years instead of 30.

What I'm trying to say is that "if marijuana is made legal, and if the major existing companies decide to use it, and if they decide to add in carcinogens, and if the mass market supports it, and if such a product edges out the competition, joints will be slightly less harmful than existing cigarettes" is a pretty flimsy argument.

The point is that the option is there for those who wish to die of lung cancer in 50 years instead of 30.

What I'm trying to say is that "if marijuana is made legal, and if the major existing companies decide to use it, and if they decide to add in carcinogens, and if the mass market supports it, and if such a product edges out the competition, joints will be slightly less harmful than existing cigarettes" is a pretty flimsy argument.
People don't usually make the right choice when it comes to cigarettes versus pipes.

And it's not "if", if marijuana is made into a business then it definately will be a huge one, and to get more sales and make more money, more carcinogens definately will be put in. They will be just like cigarettes, but more enjoyable.

And it's not "if", if marijuana is made into a business then it definately will be a huge one, and to get more sales and make more money, more carcinogens definately will be put in. They will be just like cigarettes, but more enjoyable.
Why? Why would carcinogens be added? Why would being more enjoyable and less deadly be a bad thing? Why is this reason to ban marijuana?

Why? Why would carcinogens be added? Why would being more enjoyable and less deadly be a bad thing? Why is this reason to ban marijuana?
Why would carcinogens be added to cigarettes?
Why would carcinogen filled joints be any less harmful than cigarettes?
Why, seeing all that has happened with nicotine, should we make the same mistake with marijuana?

Why would carcinogens be added to cigarettes?
Why would carcinogen filled joints be any less harmful than cigarettes?
Why, seeing all that has happened with nicotine, should we make the same mistake with marijuana?
Because tobacco doesn't burn very well; other stuff (read: tar) must be added to make it burn slowly and continuously. Such additives would be unnecessary with marijuana.

421095380a474621755b267556338ml.jpg

Yeah, you never know - once you do coffee, there's no turning back.

In all seriousness, marijuana produces a purely mental addiction, so going cold turkey won't kill you. In fact, it'd be far more pleasant than breaking off of cigarettes. This is what pisses me off: the U.S. drug education program is essentially limited to "they will kill you". Giving kids the impression that pot's just as bad as heroin just ends up with more dead heroin junkies: why not switch to presentation of facts like sex ed is doing now? Simply put, they show an incongruity - marijuana's far less deadly than nicotine and a fraction as addictive, yet it remains banned.

Why?

Fail so hard, the counter actually was pulled back in time by the resulting time-space inversion.

Just to clear up some facts b4 people start spreadin rumors that I'm (or any other marijuana legalization supports) a pot head.
-I do believe that marijuana should be legalized but with that smoking cigarettes should be illegal. Second hand smoke from marijuana is nothing compared to that of cigarettes, in yet marijuana is illegal and cigarettes are not, which is pretty much the point to my argument. Many people smoke cigarettes because they are looking for a thrill but do not want to try anything illegal. (although quite a few people do both) If marijuana were legalized, and cigarettes were banned than marijuana would become the drug of popular choice and it would make life a lot better than having cigarettes the most popular.

In the news: Mark Penn's quiting on Hillary...any thoughts?

Take this into consideration:

Drinking and driving is a huge problem in America. Try getting baked and driving.

Although when you're baked it's more like "dude, keys? wha...? Hahaha..."

You can't predict all the outcomes of legalizing the good stuff, why take the chance?

Drinking and driving is a huge problem in America. Try getting baked and driving.

You can't predict all the outcomes of legalizing the good stuff, why take the chance?
wikipedian_protester.png

Wait are you serious? You want me to cite that?

Drinking and driving.

Effects of getting high on marijuana.

They're both pretty well known.

Not really. Base don my personal experiences, when you're high you won't even remember how to drive, but when you're drunk you just have bad reflexes. So basically your argument is unfounded.

Not really. Base don my personal experiences, when you're high you won't even remember how to drive, but when you're drunk you just have bad reflexes. So basically your argument is unfounded.
Hey.

Yeah, hi.

You know that part in my post that said "Although when you're baked it's more like "dude, keys? wha...? Hahaha...""

Yeah. That was kinda what you just said. And then you know what I said? Do you?

I said "You can't predict all the outcomes of legalizing the good stuff, why take the chance?"

Don't reply to this thread while you're baked, k?

Because people are just going to do it anyway, regardless of whether its legal or not. The upside is if marijuana were legalized and cigarettes are outlawed it would be a lot easier to get marijuana than cigarettes, therefore more people would smoke marijuana instead of cigarettes. Which I believe is better because marijuana is not nearly as bad for someone as cigarettes are.

Because people are just going to do it anyway, regardless of whether its legal or not. The upside is if marijuana were legalized and cigarettes are outlawed it would be a lot easier to get marijuana than cigarettes, therefore more people would smoke marijuana instead of cigarettes. Which I believe is better because marijuana is not nearly as bad for someone as cigarettes are.
When it's illegal, it's a hell of a lot less.

And marijuana won't make people not smoke cigarettes. They're (arguably) more pleasurable.

When it's illegal, it's a hell of a lot less.

And marijuana won't make people not smoke cigarettes. They're (arguably) more pleasurable.

Well, it all comes down to personal preference, but based on what I've gathered more people prefer marijuana than cigarettes. And that's with marijuana being illegal. Think if it were legalized: There would be a product out there that gives you a thrill, is legalized, and is not nearly as unhealthy as smoking cigarettes. Which would you choose?

It's still harmful. I think there are enough harmful products selling as it is.
Come on, this is America! We're all about offering people ways to kill themselves! Fast food, nicotine, alcohol, George Bush, etc. are all harmful alternatives to sensible choices! What are you, some kind of communist?

But seriously, you haven't even cited a single objective harmful effect of marijuana yet. I'm not going to argue your side for you.

Come on, this is America! We're all about offering people ways to kill themselves! Fast food, nicotine, alcohol, George Bush, etc. are all harmful alternatives to sensible choices! What are you, some kind of communist?

But seriously, you haven't even cited a single objective harmful effect of marijuana yet. I'm not going to argue your side for you.
Uhh...really? How about the fact that you smoke it? Do I need to cite that? I'll just pull up a database that details how you make a joint and light it on fire and inhale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back