• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

The Official Zeldasages Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe, as Americans, we are stupid, squishy meat bags, who need to be coddled every step of the way...

In conclusion to this random message, we should all become perfect and resort to anarchy... and made the muffin the national food of the world...

Also as Americans, we blow things outta proportion.. i.e. Hillary's lie and Obama's crazy minister..

All that the pastor did was break the cardinal rule of protest... (I heard this on Michael Savage, don't sue me) "Act like Malcolm X but speak like Martin Luther King Jr., because that makes the white people happy :p"

And is Hillary's lie really gonna hurt America...? Wow, a lying politician.. That's rich -.-

Hillary is gonna ose Presidential Race probably... Consolation prize may be govenor of New York.. Discus and kill me after...

This thread hasn't been seeing much activity lately, so I'm going to bring up a highly controversial topic and adopt a sensible, unpopular position.

Legalize marijuana!

This thread hasn't been seeing much activity lately, so I'm going to bring up a highly controversial topic and adopt a sensible, unpopular position.

Legalize marijuana!
I know people are gonna give Amsterdam and some other places in Europe as examples, but it's a terrible idea.

Let me give this example: McDonalds. They have it in Amsterdam. They have it everywhere. Do they also have even a fifth of America's obese population? No.

Think alcohol. The US is (probably, I have no sources to cite but my own experiences in different countries) the country with the most alcohol problems. Look at Germany: they LOVE beer. They have October fest. Do they have nearly as many drinking and driving problems? No. Do they have nearly as many stupid jackasses getting drunk every saturday night at a friends house and impregnating someone? No. Do they have depressed people getting drunk at their homes to keep from killing themselves? Yes, but that's not important.

My point is that Americans obviously can't handle (this is gonna sound horrible) certain freedoms. If we were to legalize pot here there would be so many freakin pot heads running around high. People would smoke and smoke and smoke, they would waste all their money and lose their jobs from coming in high all the time. The economy would crumble after a short spike from the marijuana taxes, not to mention the standard of living decrease.

If not even fast food and alcohol can be managed, how would we live with legal pot?

I know people are gonna give Amsterdam and some other places in Europe as examples, but it's a terrible idea.

Let me give this example: McDonalds. They have it in Amsterdam. They have it everywhere. Do they also have even a fifth of America's obese population? No.

Think alcohol. The US is (probably, I have no sources to cite but my own experiences in different countries) the country with the most alcohol problems. Look at Germany: they LOVE beer. They have October fest. Do they have nearly as many drinking and driving problems? No. Do they have nearly as many stupid jackasses getting drunk every saturday night at a friends house and impregnating someone? No. Do they have depressed people getting drunk at their homes to keep from killing themselves? Yes, but that's not important.

My point is that Americans obviously can't handle (this is gonna sound horrible) certain freedoms. If we were to legalize pot here there would be so many freakin pot heads running around high. People would smoke and smoke and smoke, they would waste all their money and lose their jobs from coming in high all the time. The economy would crumble after a short spike from the marijuana taxes, not to mention the standard of living decrease.

If not even fast food and alcohol can be managed, how would we live with legal pot?
Good point with the Europe/McDonald's comparison. I don't think adding marijuana to the intoxicant pool would really add new abusers though, and would only affect people in existing demographics. My view on it is kind of like video game/movie violence: it takes an unstable person to begin with.

Heh. You're right, it does sound horrible (though that doesn't necessarily mean it isn't true). Again, I don't think any additional societal groups would be adversely affected. Sure, there will be the occasional rampant druggie, but that's what AA (Abusers Anonymous?) is for. With that as a given, the economic affect would be almost entirely positive with taxed sales, and the hit against drug dealers.

Take a lesson from the Godfather (the book did a much better job of illustrating it): drugs ruin business. People do drugs. People get addicted. People don't do their jobs. People do anything for more drugs. There have been countless examples in the past where alcohol has ruined a person, marijuana is much more addictive.

And if it is legalized and people see their mistake, it will be much harder to stop. Like when they tried to outlaw alcohol. How did that go? History is yelling at America to not legalize pot.

(I have no problems with casual pot smokers, they are generally very interesting people who always I seem to get along with).

Also, think about China. When the British were selling Opium to the Chinese everyone decided to stop living their lives.

Also, think about China. When the British were selling Opium to the Chinese everyone decided to stop living their lives.
While it is a good example, opium is much more addictive and harmful than marijuana.

Although, you can compare it to cigarettes, the most common way to use pot is by smoking it.

*Hint, cancer*

Take a lesson from the Godfather (the book did a much better job of illustrating it): drugs ruin business. People do drugs. People get addicted. People don't do their jobs. People do anything for more drugs. There have been countless examples in the past where alcohol has ruined a person, marijuana is much more addictive.

And if it is legalized and people see their mistake, it will be much harder to stop. Like when they tried to outlaw alcohol. How did that go? History is yelling at America to not legalize pot.

(I have no problems with casual pot smokers, they are generally very interesting people who always I seem to get along with).
Actually, repeated testing has shown marijuana to be less addictive than even caffeine. Here's one such example.

People do anything for heroin. Economies are destabilized by by opium. People are killed in car accidents caused by alcohol. Marijuana has never, to the best of my knowledge, sparked widespread negative use.

While it is a good example, opium is much more addictive and harmful than marijuana.

Although, you can compare it to cigarettes, the most common way to use pot is by smoking it.

*Hint, cancer*
Joints are purer than cigarettes. Check the ingredients list of the standard cigarette. Here's a hint: check online, manufacturers can't fit it on the package.

Actually, repeated testing has shown marijuana to be less addictive than even caffeine. Here's one such example.

People do anything for heroin. Economies are destabilized by by opium. People are killed in car accidents caused by alcohol. Marijuana has never, to the best of my knowledge, sparked widespread negative use.

Joints are purer than cigarettes. Check the ingredients list of the standard cigarette. Here's a hint: check online, manufacturers can't fit it on the package.
You're assuming it's non-enhanced pot, taken straight from the plant. I'm sure if marijuana was to become a legal business it would be as infested with carcinogens as cigarettes, if not more.

I actually think legalizing marijuana would help more than it would hurt. If it were legalized people wouldn't be as tempted to smoke cigarettes, drink, etc, which have been proven to be worse for you. Also, like alcohol, marijuana can be used more controllably (though every person is different) than that of cigarettes.

I actually think legalizing marijuana would help more than it would hurt. If it were legalized people wouldn't be as tempted to smoke cigarettes, drink, etc, which have been proven to be worse for you. Also, like alcohol, marijuana can be used more controllably (though every person is different) than that of cigarettes.
You never know, and it's not good to take a chance like that.

Addictive things make people do really really really stupid stuff.

actually, is supposedly only illegal because it would it would screw up american economy, making america lower down than we already are. but thats just a theory

You never know, and it's not good to take a chance like that.

Addictive things make people do really really really stupid stuff.
Yeah, you never know - once you do coffee, there's no turning back.

In all seriousness, marijuana produces a purely mental addiction, so going cold turkey won't kill you. In fact, it'd be far more pleasant than breaking off of cigarettes. This is what pisses me off: the U.S. drug education program is essentially limited to "they will kill you". Giving kids the impression that pot's just as bad as heroin just ends up with more dead heroin junkies: why not switch to presentation of facts like sex ed is doing now? Simply put, they show an incongruity - marijuana's far less deadly than nicotine and a fraction as addictive, yet it remains banned.

Why?

You're assuming it's non-enhanced pot, taken straight from the plant. I'm sure if marijuana was to become a legal business it would be as infested with carcinogens as cigarettes, if not more.
Read this again^.

I doubt cigarettes were nearly as bad when they were first made into a business.

Read this again^.

I doubt cigarettes were nearly as bad when they were first made into a business.

I read it, I simply chose to believe that you weren't making the case that marijuana should be illegal because eating tar is bad for you. Apparently I was mistaken.

Nicotine still can be smoked in pipes, you know. It'll give you lung diseases eventually, but it's nowhere near as bad as the crap they give you in cigarettes. While there would definitely be some attempt to make 'marijuana cigarettes' I doubt they would be as popular as a straight joint, and thus would not sell, and thus would die out. Yay capitalism!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back