• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

The Zelda Sages RPG *A REAL RPG game too!*

I can confirm the RTP works in both Windows Vista and Windows 7 64 bit. It may just be that your computer doesn't have the Japanese language installed or something oddball like that (because yes, they are too lazy to translate that portion of the program). If all else fails, you can try downloading the full program RPG Maker XP which includes the RTP setup.

Basically what the RTP is in a nutshell, a bunch of graphics, images, sounds, and a dll file in your system 32.

I had to download the dll file manually and it didn't make a difference until I put it in the game folder itself.

Its not the character set, because the error I'm getting is also in ?'s. Yoyolll, could you upload the dll to a site like rapidshare and PM the URL?

I really wouldn't recommend placing the dll in directly; yoyolll if I remember you had some issues when you did that ;).

Zeroth, what is your exact system configuration? As for the question marks, again, that sounds like not having the international language pack installed (which is generally installed by default when you install Windows). If you don't have it installed it can be downloaded from Microsoft's website.

No, the dll didn't make a difference until I put it into the game directory itself and Zeroth just search it on google (or bing mwahahaha). It should tell you that you're missing the dll in an error message. There's a few dll library sites.

Yea, but if you install RGGS you shouldn't have a dll problem at all because, well, it installs the dll and the files. That's why I asked for the computer's configuration because an error full of questions marks sounds like a language not be installed on the system...which anything after Windows 98 is darn near impossible to have happen unless you made your own computer.

I'm using Vista with a 2GB processor and 4GBs of RAM. As for the character set, I guess I'm missing it, I know this computer has nearly every damned language. The keyboard it came with has a load of alt. mappings on it as well.

Whatever, I'll fix it later.

At least I get to lead an army around and act very important:)

BTY i have finally reached my 250th post lol wow i have been gone way too long

Well my gaming skills are so much less than pro that I'll never be able to find myself. Hmmm that sounds deeply psychologically philosophical. Interesting. Oh and I do love mashed potatoes.

Seeing as someone won the competition, there's no point in keeping this secret anymore...

Super Awesome Mode Cheat:
To activate Super Awesome Mode, start a new game and go to the bottom left side of the outside of the bar (not on the corner, on the left side of the house up against the wall is where you want to be). Hit Enter, and you will become level 99 and gain loads upon loads of awesome gear! Makes the game WAY easier :).

Because someone won the contest, and those who aren't all that great at turn based RPGs will have a far better chance of beating the game.

How can you be bad at turn based RPGs? All you have to do is grind, there's no skill involved here.

Back