• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

The Zelda Sages RPG *A REAL RPG game too!*

Sure, just send me an E-Mail :).

A bit of an update, I've been unable to really dedicate alot of my time to the game recently. I've been rather busy with AP exams, studying for the SAT, etc. However, I have been able to do a few bits and pieces here and there as well as fixing bugs the beta testers have sent me. Rest assured though everything should be well out by July *unless a catastrophe happens :D*
Yeah. I ran into a massive issue on my current file, which left me pretty much screwed. I'll pm you in a bit about it...

Hey all,
Now that I have my computer back I can actually work on the game. I'l looking towards mid next week as a target for the release candidate of TLOZS. The release candidate will be released to all beta testers as to make certain I've squashed all the bugs and the game is in a state of being done. As of now I'm doing the following:

• Working out the bugs in the game's sidequest.
  • Finishing the end of game reward for completing the side-quest.
  • Giving much more use to "Battle Tower", an area early in the game used for initial leveling. It was suggested by i am a teddy that I expand it into a full scale training ground.
  • Adding NPCs.
  • Adding new beta testers to the credits.
  • Fixing up a few areas here and there.
  • If I said anything else I'd be giving away the game :).
So, that's the current status of the project.

Haha, well, I could do that...but I'm not going to :D. Don't worry though, you're in there.

Well, I did a test game compression today. At the present TLOZS is about 29mb large not including the RTP file that needs to be downloaded from the RPG Maker website for the game to work. So at the present, a 40mb game. I guess this is what happens when you create a good number of maps :).

I know, but I'm just waiting for someone to say:

"OMG WTH!?!?!?!"

...that and we do have a bandwidth limit :). Anyway though, the testers have discovered a copious amount of lovely bugs that need fixing...yay for me...

The problem is I can't really control who downloads or distributes the game with that. Our download system encrypts the file and requires the server to decrypt it before download. This prevents us from having people randomly link to our files in addition to, in this case, controlling access. Access to The Legend of Zelda Sages is limited to members of Zelda Sages (at least for the time being for rather specific reasons), thus it is necessary to keep everything on our server.

I've had rather scarce time to work on the project with all the course work I'm doing this year. However, I beefed up production again for a few days and I'm happy to announce that another (hopefully final) RC will be released a bit later tonight to testers :). I just had to work in a little extra something which I know you'll all love.

I'm not a tester either. I didn't even know Bob was making this. Actually, I did but he said he was making it like months ago. I don't even like Zelda games. Sometimes I wonder why I even joined this website or why I come on here so frequently. But he seems to be working fairly hard on it. I hope it's good!

Back