• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

The Zelda Timeline--Is it even possible to connect the games?

okay, so to be honest... i've only played OoT, TP, MC, and a little bit of MM, LoZ, and AoL. but my friend has played and seen everything in MM and even he believes that MM has nothing to do with the Zelda timeline. Also what are the CD-i games. and aren't we forgetting something? Hint - They're big, live on a volcano, are flame resistant, and are friends to the residents of Kakariko village.

still don't know what i'm talking about?... Gorons!!!

MM takes place directly after OoT in the child timeline. This has been confirmed by Nintendo. The timeline would also fit together nicely if the Four Sword set was after OoS/OoA and safely sequestered away in the child timeline. Games that have little relation to the more recently developed plot tend towards the child line, while the 'epics' (TP, WW, LttP) and their sequels comprise the adult timeline.

The CD-i games don't fit in the timeline at all because they aren't canon. They're the "Star Wars Holiday Special" of the Zelda universe.

As for the Gorons, it's obvious that something highly drastic happens between Twilight Princess and Wind Waker. The only ones who know exactly are sitting in nice, comfy offices in Japan, probably laughing at some timeline theories that are out there. :p

I have my own theory as to what happened to the gorons between TP and WW. In MM you learn that gorons can't swim (which makes sense, seeing as how they are made of stone). When the "Great Flood" happened, when the gods/goddesses flooded hyrule and formed the islands in WW, the gorons all sank to the bottom and drown. The only ones who survived were the 2 or 3 merchants who were probably on top of some mountain for some reason.

Nice theory, and I would support it if it wasn't for the fact that TP shows that even though Gorons can't swim, they don't need to breath. Yes, that's right, they need no air.

you know i thought that the only reason why the kid didn't have to breathe was because he was in a hot spring. or is it all waters?

Also the CD-i games were three games made for the Phillips CD-i game station some years ago. They are not considered real Zelda games because they were not made by the same company as the others and also because they are so cartoonish and weird. The games also took a long time to load every single frame on the CD-i. People got mad and the station was considered a flop and discontinued.

At least that's what I'm told.

The rock you dropped into Zora's Domain has a Goron in it if you bomb it open (netting you another bomb bag) who is equally amphibious.

Yea, they must have made gamers chronicley stupid. It should have had a warning label on it.

I learned of a new theory. The Legend theory. This theory dictates that because it is a legend, time has distorted it, and thus the different stories arise.

Back