• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

The Zelda Timeline--Is it even possible to connect the games?

I just thought of something. In the opening scene before the main title scene in OoS/OoA, it shows Link on Epona, so that means it should be before MM, shouldn't it?

Not Quite. One of the endings for MM is Link riding away on Epona. So while he was gone Koume and Kotake did their thing and on his way back to Hyrule, the triforce sent him to Holodrum and Lybrinna. Note: On one of the days, I forget which, if you ride into the swamp you can see one of the hags fly off into the air from her hut. I think it is on the second day, when it rains, but it may be at a specific time. Perhaps she is flying off to find the torches...

Also, since there are multiple Links and Zeldas, who is to say there aren't multiple Impas?

I have an answer to him not recognizing Impa. In the Oracle games Impa is, well, large to say the least. In OoT she is not. The other thing is, in my theory, Link is returning, and thus he could be an adult. With that it could have been ten or more years since he saw Impa, and it wasn't the same Impa anyway. The OoT Impa was a sage, so she spend the rest of her life in the sage's realm.

The other thing I just found out is that LoZ and AoL cannot come after WW because the towns in AoL are named after the seven sages. Since the people in WW didn't know about the sages, they surely wouldn't have named the towns in New Hyrule after them.
^wanted to repeat that

Okay. Updated time line:

MC-OoT<*
* (adult) ALttP-LA-LoZ-AoL-% or end?
_ (child) MM-OoS/OoA-%
% (recombining?) TP?-FS-WW-PH-FSA

And for Goboman: The Koume and Kotake form MM are a different Koume and Kotake then from OoT since Termina is a parallel universe and all. How they came back from the dead in OoS/OoA is beyond me (maybe the afterlife kicked them out?).

This time line confuses me to no end...............>.<.............. Am I just an idiot, or is this really hard to discuss, considering I haven't played half of the LoZ games, but love the ones I've played.........................
Yhea, even for thosee of us that've played through almost all of them it's still confusing. Trying to figure it out without playing all the games is like doing a 100-peice puzzle with 37 peices. Practically impossible.

I just thought of something. In the opening scene before the main title scene in OoS/OoA, it shows Link on Epona, so that means it should be before MM, shouldn't it?
Or directly after. Most theories place the Oracle games directly after MM, which makes sense if they're in the child timeline and seperated from all the others.

Probably MC. Most timelines put MC and FSA near the front, but FSAs comes later (Don't confuse Four Sword Adventure (FSA, on the GBA) with Four Sword Adventures (FSAs, on the GNC). I can't stress the importance of keeping these seperate enough!)

I have an answer to him not recognizing Impa. In the Oracle games Impa is, well, large to say the least. In OoT she is not. The other thing is, in my theory, Link is returning, and thus he could be an adult. With that it could have been ten or more years since he saw Impa, and it wasn't the same Impa anyway. The OoT Impa was a sage, so she spend the rest of her life in the sage's realm.
Well, in OoS/OoA, they call Link the Child with the Triforce Hand, so I think that right after MM makes sense, since how would he know Zelda?

You must remember this; Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf are bound together by the Triforce. Though Ganondorf wasn't in the Oracle Games, Link always kept Zelda on his mind. Link and Zelda are bound truly by their hearts, besides the Triforce. Soo, to end this: The Zelda Timeline can be connected. There are many connections between most games, but, most skilled minds (like some of us here, and myself) have the power to connect the games that you may think don't even fit into the Saga.

ZeldaGuardian, please don't tell us that you found a way to put in the CDI games. That is just plain crazy talk.

Do not bring that evil into this domain! Back fiend! The power of Bob compells you! _O

Fellow Zelda Sages, I wouldn't dare bring CD-i into this. It's just not worthy to be spoken by my words... nor anyone else.

No they are not worthy..........so when will someone post the true LoZ timeline? Or has it been posted, and I have been too stupid to notice it......Or does everyone hate me so it's hidden from me?

No they are not worthy..........so when will someone post the true LoZ timeline? Or has it been posted, and I have been too stupid to notice it......Or does everyone hate me so it's hidden from me?
Lol we don't hate you :D
all i Know about this topic is that i think this is the order recent games have come in:
OoT
TP
WW
PH

Wait, how does FSA come after PH if your still in Hyrule and not a Water Bound group of Islands?

Well, if it's right before PH then that wouldn't make sense because why would he go from hyrule to islands to hyrule

My theory is that FSA is in "New Hyrule". This, as you recall, is what Link and Tetra sailed off to look for after WW.

Hmmm... the Four Sword trilogy could come either really far in the future, or pretty far in the past. Also, from what I've seen from TP, it appears to perfectly bridge the gap between OoT and LttP, but it also has the starting village appear to eventually become Outset Isle in WW.

Back