• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

What's love got to do with it?

goboman11

Loftwing
This idea for a thread came from two inspirations. First, a new member has said something once or twice about an ex-boyfriend. So I thought it appropriate to start a thread for that kind of topic. Second, yesterday my story happened and I wanted to get it off my chest so I could stop dwelling on it.

I had never actually fallen in love with someone before. So when I met her, I was confused. I didn't know why my stomach had butterflies or why I felt nervous around her, I thought it was just I phase that I would eventually get over. But I couldn't stop thinking about her. Eventually I came to realize that this must be what they called love. For a while I was fine just being around her, but then I wanted more. I figured why not ask her out on a date. I tried but I got so nervous around her that it kept slipping my mind. Then yesterday I was suppose to see her. I told myself that that was the day I would do it. I met up with her after band practice and wanted to talk to her in secret, but there was a group of kids standing around, so I waited. It was then that I overheard her telling everyone that someone asked her out the day before and had even given her a ring to "symbolize their love." She was saying how she had a huge crush on him forever and always wanted to be with him.

Needless to say that I am now crushed and can barely type this because the one person I ever felt anything for is now beyond my reach. I hope that by getting this out in the open will help to get it out pof my mind. Now it's your turn to write a love story, funny or tragic. But please use no names and don't use this to make fun of others while they are talking about their hearts.

For me it was a couple of times, the first was just stupid so I won't say it.

I had met this girl in English class and she was also at my lunch table and in my public speaking class. After talking with her a lot during those three periods, I fell for her. Not quite in love, but definitely had a crush on her. Then Homecoming came about. I was gonna ask her, but then she said she had a boyfriend who asked her to it already. A few weeks later she said she didn't have a boyfriend and so I asked her out. She said yes, then a few weeks after that I mentioned possibly going to the movies that weekend, and she didn't even remember we were going out. Of course I never got over her, and kept trying to make her fall for me. I called her a few times during spring break, talking with her for nearly an hour each time, and bought her a present for he HALF birthday. I asked her again, but she said no because it was too close to summer.

Here's the thing: love doesn't exist. It's just your subconcious following the strongest of instincts in all sexually reproducing beings: the instinct to raise offspring. You subconciously observe all your potential mates and choose one of them (to mate with and help raise your offspring, this choice comes first from appearences). This is called "love". You get a horrible urge to be with them all the time and you can't stop thinking about them. This is called "your subconcious just screwed you over because the girl (or boy, whatever) doesn't give a **** about you". I suggest you listen to some depressing love song or sleep all day to get over it. Always works.

Yoyoll, you are only touching the surface of love. Your explanation does point to the instinct of attraction, however your theory is flawed. Love, in the real sense, is compassion for another being. You can love someone and not have any desire to become sexually involved. Just as an example, you love your mother correct? I would not think you would be attracted to her, but nevertheless you love her. Romantic love, which is what you see in relationships, is a combination of attraction and love. It is, hence, my opinion that if you do not truly care about someone, you are not in a relationship. Simply going with someone due to their appearance, family influence, whatever the heck it may be is what makes divorces become reality. Looking at love from only the point of attraction is a very primitive view of love.

Well, time to get back on topic. As far as my own stories, they're a bit to personal for me to really over a public forum. Rest assured, I've had my fair share of disappointment and emotional pain.

Well, Bob, people have a lot of different theories about this (I'm not talking about love for you family and friends, I'm talking about romantic love). Even though I don't agree with yours, I can understand why you think that.

gosh. i have a broken heart story.

in 5th grade, there was this really funny, really cute boy in my class (if you know me and know who this is, don't say) and i started to have a crush on him. I liked him for 3 years. during 6th and 7th grade there was always this tention between me and my best friend about him, she would say she didnt like him, but i wasnt so sure. In 8th grade they started dating. oh jeez was i crushedddd. that year i dated someone who was way nicer and sweeter than him and i got over it. i eventually ended up telling my former crush about it and we became better friends then we were before and still are friends.

and now i'm dating a fabbbb boy and our 6th month anniversary is in like 3 days. so there is hope! :]

Here's the thing: love doesn't exist. It's just your subconcious following the strongest of instincts in all sexually reproducing beings: the instinct to raise offspring. You subconciously observe all your potential mates and choose one of them (to mate with and help raise your offspring, this choice comes first from appearences). This is called "love". You get a horrible urge to be with them all the time and you can't stop thinking about them. This is called "your subconcious just screwed you over because the girl (or boy, whatever) doesn't give a **** about you". I suggest you listen to some depressing love song or sleep all day to get over it. Always works.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

As Many of you that know me know, Ima' hopeless girl-chaser, no offense intended ladies, It's just the way I am. But I do, in fact believe in love, and do, in fact have the utmost respect for women. Ask Dakare or Bob about me threatening to beat up a certain red-haired kid who disrespects women..But I digress.
One warm summer day I was skipping through the mall (walking actually...) when, O.O I saw her, yes, she was beautiful, flawless, perfect. She thought I was pretty neat too I guess because we started to talk. Well things got rolling and hey, here we are a few weeks later, still together. so thats a story for you. Hope you enjoyed it. I know I did (when it happened of course ;D). Here's to Love, at first sight!

Oh that's cute (sarcas-o-meter says "you're an idiot").

That's happened to me once or twice, supafreak. But when I try to talk to her she either rolls her eyes and ignores me or we become friends. "Just friends". It's always "just friends". I don't know how you did it, but good job. I don't think I've ever really related to anyone else on that kind of level before.

Here's the thing, yoyolll: Everyone has someone. You can't really say that you don't have a perfect woman until you go find her... Some of us have found our matches (IHeartNJ, myself, supafreak, and sorry if I missed anyone else)... You just don't believe in it... That's my opinion.

where to begin... Yes i have known what it is to feel love for someone to the point that you can barly handle it the funny thing WAS THAT IT WAS DEFINITLY not an obsession over her body i am more mature than that (usualy) what made it hardest was since i was a close friend of hers I had to deal with the usual late night sobbing phone calls when i wanted to sleep and i knew when she was single or not but i realized that it would never work so thats the end of it.

Here's the thing, yoyolll: Everyone has someone. You can't really say that you don't have a perfect woman until you go find her... Some of us have found our matches (IHeartNJ, myself, supafreak, and sorry if I missed anyone else)... You just don't believe in it... That's my opinion.
So what you're saying is we're all limited by our destiny to find the perfect mate? That's just bull****. You're subconcious simply decides if a girl would be a good mate for you, there's no "greater power" that decides who you fall in love with. Be serious.

i thought he was say more that if you have a negative additude about love then only negatives will come from it and you wont find a girl/guy. idk. alll im sayin is dont ever like stop trying because eventually someones gonna like ya. and maybe someone already does, but they're just as shy and don't have the courage to tell you.

i agree 100% with yoyoman at leest it makes cents cuz hez an dude jus lyke my exbf and dudez r jerkz most of them at leest and im knot surprised he dont beleev in luv cuz most guyz jus want it if u no wat i meen. luv duz exist 4 grlz cuz duh stoopid disney moovies n shizzle tell us dat guyz r sooo nice we will fyned r 1 tru luv 1 day but it aint tru, guyz just want 1 ting. i no der r guyz like u guyz hoo rnt soo shallow but wen it comez down 2 it, u cant say im rong

Xelda1800 said:
luv duz exist 4 grlz cuz duh stoopid disney moovies n shizzle tell us dat guyz r sooo nice we will fyned r 1 tru luv 1 day
It's funny, I'm actually a bit under the weather right now *I have to go get a fun filled blood test to see if I'm infected with a certain annoying tick-related disease* and I just finished watching Snow White. Yea, I know, I'm so manly :cool:.

That, and you are correct, you will find that 95% of all men are, as I call them, pervs. Of the 5% that are not, 4% of those guys are just really nice guys, and 1% have alternative sexual preferences. This 95% is where you get the guys that are friends with you and talk about having intercourse with you at least a few times a week. How do I know this you ask? Well, yes, I have a sister, she tells me these things.

Hmm, well, some of the mystery behind Webmaster Bob was just spoiled...well...it's been three years, I can give something...

That, and wasn't the point of this thread to help goboman11 ;).

Now it's your turn to write a love story, funny or tragic. But please use no names and don't use this to make fun of others while they are talking about their hearts.
ZOMG BOB IS GONNA DIE!!!@_@ :p Anyway, but nope, this thread according to this quote is about telling your own "story". I have none, so I'm just here to say what I just said. :p

eh. i disagree. i have more faith in man kind than that. i think the maturity to make a decision between love and sex comes from getting older, although i think that guys now aren't THAT hopeless and can still make that decision. i mean. yea. guys are totally pervs. but some of those total pervs are sweet and good boyfriends too. haha :]

Oh that's cute (sarcas-o-meter says "you're an idiot").

That's happened to me once or twice, supafreak. But when I try to talk to her she either rolls her eyes and ignores me or we become friends. "Just friends". It's always "just friends". I don't know how you did it, but good job. I don't think I've ever really related to anyone else on that kind of level before.

I wish i could help...

guys are totally pervs. but some of those total pervs are sweet and good boyfriends too. haha :]

I'm crushed.....I for one am not a perv...I just acted goofy and stuff....I really am a good person...mostly *glares in direction of neighbors*

Ahhh... Love...

Goboman, I know how that was like. I've been through a similar thing back when I went to my first elementary school. It was similar problem to yours, but not quite the same... ya know what I mean? But, unlike you, I didn't do any thing about it, so kudos to you that you had the courage to say some thing. I didn't. But heart breaks are just a part of love, just remember that. It may be hard and painful emotionally, but trust me, if a heart break happens like that, then that person isn't your kindred soul (not soul mate, kindred soul).

Anyways... I have a love story that was filled with heart break...

Near the end of my 8th grade year, I was a member of ZeldaUniverse, a forum I used to go on to every day. I was a newbi and it almost seemed like every one hated me until I started to post more and what not and I got friends on there. I was some one who didn't believe in love back then but one of my online-friends suggested online dating. She found this one guy that she talked to and she found out him and I have similar interests, so I talked to him. I did for a few days and I thought I was in love. So him and I started to date. You know... it was nice, even though it was weird since him and I didn't know what we looked like or any thing, but we managed. After around 8 months of dating him, he had trouble keeping together since it was getting fustrating that him and I couldn't see each other and so we had major arguments about it. However, in December (April was when him and I started to date), he wanted to ask this one girl he's always talked about and mentioned he had a crush on her, out to the Christmas dance that was gonna go on at his school. And... so he broke up with me so he could go out with her since she wanted to go out with him. That broke my heart but once they had broken up after three months, it took a while before him and I got back together again... what ticked me off, was that I was talking to one of his best friends and I found out he was secretly trying to get that one girl back to dating him. All though it failed, he was still talking about her. Then after we had been dating for one year, he cheated on me behind my back without me knowing... the time I found out about that him and I weren't dating was when him and the girl broke up a week later. After that, it was all good. Until September (on the second year), because I wanted to date other guys at my school, and I had a crush on this one guy and so I wanted to give it a try. The other guy asked me out and him and I were dating. However... my online-boyfriend was the one that made me break up with the other guy because he was using his bi-polarness on purpose to get me to do it. Then around a month later, some other guy asked me out and I started to date him and I broke up with my online-boyfriend again. During the very beginning of December, during school, ZG and I were talking during lunch and I was telling him a Zelda game that I never played before: Master Quest. I was really wanting to play it but I could never find it. And so he told me that he had it and that he would let me borrow it when Monday came around (since it was Friday). The online guy and I were all right, we did fight every now and then when it came to roleplaying, but it wasn't too big. However, when monday came along, I got the game, but ZG told me not to open it until I got home. When I got home and opened up the game case, there was a note that ZG wrote (I'm not gonna type it up because it's personal ). But after I got that game, the next day I broke up with the other guy... and I went back to dating the online guy. (During school however, I heard from ZG that the last guy I dated from school had betted me that he could beat ZG at a game of Guitar Hero, so knowing that broke my heart to know. ) After I told the online guy about the note, he started to yell at me not to break up with him again for another guy and that's when every thing started to fall apart. He was threating me that he would kill himself and every thing.

It was Christmas day that when ZG and I had gotten closer... and I started to ignore the online guy. By the next day, I was dating ZG behind his back, for what he had done to me in the past. By then he started to call my cell trying to get me to stay with him. At first ZG had tried to help him and what not, but after I offically broke up with him, he got more annoying and so ZG and I ended it.

Sorry for it being long, but it was good in the end, cause it got me where I am now. Those almost-two-years with that guy was very heart breaking... I would've explained in detail, but I thought to myself that I wrote enough.

Though I do have to say this: Love exists and it is real. Every one has a kindred soul, which is what every thinks of a soul mate is. However, there is more than one for a kindred soul and finding your soul mate is impossible. I've read about it in one of Sylvia Browne's books... but anyways, there's a right kindred soul for every one, you just have to be paitent and look for him/ her.

whew....

Though I do have to say this: Love exists and it is real. Every one has a kindred soul, which is what every thinks of a soul mate is. However, there is more than one for a kindred soul and finding your soul mate is impossible. I've read about it in one of Sylvia Browne's books... but anyways, there's a right kindred soul for every one, you just have to be paitent and look for him/ her.
That's what I have a problem with. These "kindred souls" or whatever you may call them serve one purpose: to make love practically impossible. I don't beleive that our destinies are set from the very beginning of time (because they would need to be for everything to work out). You create your own destiny with the choices you make. No "greater power" has decided for you all the options you encounter.

Romantic love is simply an instictual descision made by your subconcious to find someone that would be a good mate for you, fulfilling you, and therefore benefiting your offspring. Soul mates are superstitious crap that people beleive so that they can tell themselves they're bound to find their love. Too many people die alone or unhappy for me beleive in soul mates.

But, you can beleive anything you want, this is just what I think.

Back