• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

What's love got to do with it?

GAH! This is supposed to be helping gobo, not complaining about the rest of the world! Stay on topic, or this thread gets a taste of the mighty lock.

GAHRGAH!!!!

GAH! This is supposed to be helping gobo, not complaining about the rest of the world! Stay on topic, or this thread gets a taste of the mighty lock.

GAHRGAH!!!!

only to be mightily unlocked by me

I hope that by getting this out in the open will help to get it out pof my mind. Now it's your turn to write a love story, funny or tragic.

written by gobo on the first post. therefore, the place is entirely on topic

i thougth this was already settled -.-

Yoyolll, you seem highly disillusioned as to the truth of the world. You seem to think science can explain everything, but can it? I do not believe so. Not for one nanosecond of my life, have I believed that everything can be explained by science or logic. It is my current relationship which proves this. Me and "Her" (I am going to refrain from using any actual names here). We are two almost completely different people. Me, a farmer, stereotypical country boy to the bone. Her, a city girl of sorts, cheerleader, model, soloist in the chorus. One day, we met, we talked, and for some inexplicable reason, were drawn to each other. You can do all your namby-pamby science talk about "Sexual attraction, seeing a desirable mate..etc" Blah Blah Blah. I don't but it for a second, and never will. I agree though, our fates aren't prearranged, we make our one with the people we Love.

Ever thought for a nanosecond of your life that you're dissillusioned about love? Don't let one romance go to your head - love hurts.

Ever thought for a nanosecond of your life that you're dissillusioned about love? Don't let one romance go to your head - love hurts.

I agree.

And, I'm not bitter about love at all. I am in a wonderful relationship with a wonderful boy. There are definitely parts of love that depend on intellect, but the emotional part of love is just chemical.

This is one of the best articles ever on the topic:

http://www.oxytocin.org/oxytoc/love-science.html

In 2000, Andreas Bartels and Semir Zeki of University College, London, located the areas of the brain activated by romantic love. They took students who said they were madly in love, put them into a brain scanner, and looked at their patterns of brain activity.

The results were surprising. For a start, a relatively small area of the human brain is active in love, compared with that involved in, say, ordinary friendship. “It is fascinating to reflect”, the pair conclude, “that the face that launched a thousand ships should have done so through such a limited expanse of cortex.” The second surprise was that the brain areas active in love are different from the areas activated in other emotional states, such as fear and anger. Parts of the brain that are love-bitten include the one responsible for gut feelings, and the ones which generate the euphoria induced by drugs such as cocaine. So the brains of people deeply in love do not look like those of people experiencing strong emotions, but instead like those of people snorting coke. Love, in other words, uses the neural mechanisms that are activated during the process of addiction. “We are literally addicted to love,” Dr Young observes.

Yes back to the topic

For me, well I was never one lucky in a relationship. For me, my first actual girlfriend, didnt occur till my Sophmore year in High School and that lasted for about 6 months, but it fell apart because she was talking about marriage. MARRIAGE! That was too much for me. So I stayed single for the summer, hung out with friends, and hit on this one girl whom I was friends with, but she ended up dating a boy who...well to put it in words, looked like a blob. He was round, and very rude. He insulted everyone, even her friends, yet she stayed with him. Back to me, I met this girl my Junior year in high school in band, and while she had a boyfriend, we texted from about November. We became good friends, and she decided to break up with her boyfriend in March, and we ended up dating a week later and we're still going out. Our 5 month is on the 5th. And I love her very very much. Believe me, coming from a guy who has had crushes on girls since first grade, love is possible for anyone. Believe me. You just gotta wait and find the perfect person. I mean, my girlfriend loves manga, music, videogames, and Zelda!! BTW, Bob might know her

That's what I have a problem with. These "kindred souls" or whatever you may call them serve one purpose: to make love practically impossible. I don't beleive that our destinies are set from the very beginning of time (because they would need to be for everything to work out). You create your own destiny with the choices you make. No "greater power" has decided for you all the options you encounter.

Romantic love is simply an instictual descision made by your subconcious to find someone that would be a good mate for you, fulfilling you, and therefore benefiting your offspring. Soul mates are superstitious crap that people beleive so that they can tell themselves they're bound to find their love. Too many people die alone or unhappy for me beleive in soul mates.

But, you can beleive anything you want, this is just what I think.

There's no such thing as Soul Mates. A soul mate is a form of you only in the opposite gender. Think of it as a twin. So you don't find a soul mate, you look for a kindred soul. There's many of them, like you said about love, how it's finding some one to be best for you. There is love, you just need time and paitence, trust me. The girl you found was one of the many kindred souls out there. She just wasn't the right one.

Love isn't just an instictual thing, it isn't just some thing from the subconcious idea. It's not just a thing to find a mate to reproduce, sexual stuff doesn't deal with love, that's not what love is about. Love is about compassion for some one, some one whom you care more than any thing else, some one you just want to be with for the rest of your life, some one you wish to be around to go out and have fun with.

I all ready know you create your own destiny, I'm not stupid not to know that. Every one has the power to do so.

But anyways, believe what you want to believe. I'm just trying to state a true fact for your information to look upon. I'm not here to change your mind about love, I'm just trying to help by saying things about love.

There is a perfect girl for you, you just have to look into it and find the right kindred soul among the thousands of them. There's a some one for every one. All it takes is time... so what if love can hurt? It's just to let YOU know that girl isn't right for you.

ahh love and heartbreak.

not to long ago i found out that the girl i liked liked me. i was so excited cause this was my first girlfriend. we went out once and were happy but it was a very awkward date and a bad movie. then after a month we hadnt gone out again we just didnt have time. we still saw each other everyday though soi wasnt worried or anything. then she said we should take a break because we were both so busy and we didnt have time to go out. so i was like ok shure as long as we get back together. well i bet you can guess what happend we didnt get back together. :( I was gonna ask her out again like a month later when before i could another guy who had been friends with her the whole month we were going out asked her out. i saw them walking in the hall hand in hand and i was crushed. thank god it was at the end of the day because i couldnt concetrate on school. i went home and was verry sad and confused. :confused:. then we talked and it took some time but i got over her. We are still good friends though so its not really different but she still has that boy friend.

Back