• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Official Riddle Thread!

The answer to the first is it's 1980/1985 BC.

The second one is charcoal (Black when you buy it, red when you're cooking, and white/gray when it's done

The third one is inkstand

Trust me, the riddle is worded very specifically for a reason to allow for only one answer.

Oh, and Zerg: this one isn't language.
1. Correct
2. Correct
3. Correct

Versac, the question was written wrong. The way you wrote it was "there are three words in the english language that end in -GRY. Two are angry and hungry." This is an incorrect way of stating the problem. The way I wrote it is correct.

this was under riddles, but its really a math type problem...
its hard though, so i guess riddle is appropriate for it...

There are 7 girls on a school bus
Each girl has 7 backpacks
In each backpack there are 7 cats
For each cat there are 7 kittens

How many legs are on the bus?
(no its not a trick question and no, there is no bus driver)

I too think it's 70, but thinking outside of the box...WOW A BUS HAS LEGS?!

I think it's 1,582 because:
  • Each girl has two legs: 7 X 2=14
  • There are 49 cats with 4 legs each: 49 X 4=196
  • There are 343 kittens with four legs each: 343 X 4=1372
  • 14+196+1372=1582

I think it's 1,582 because:
  • Each girl has two legs: 7 X 2=14
  • There are 49 cats with 4 legs each: 49 X 4=196
  • There are 343 kittens with four legs each: 343 X 4=1372
  • 14+196+1372=1582
I agree, I just didn't want to do the math for the problem.

But, how many boys are on the bus?

But this riddle now brings up other questions. Why the hell do all the girls have 7 backpacks each?! Cmon! Are they going to blow up their school?! Also, who knows if all the cats and kittens have all 4 legs

Here's a few:

How far can you run into the woods?

If a plane full off French crashes in Africa, where do you bury the survivors?

Two girls were born on the same day, same month, same year, with the same parents. Yet they do not call themselves twins.

Here's a few:

How far can you run into the woods?

If a plane full off French crashes in Africa, where do you bury the survivors?

Two girls were born on the same day, same month, same year, with the same parents. Yet they do not call themselves twins.
1. Halfway, as after halfway, you'll be running out of the forest

2. You don't burry the survivors, they're alive.

There are several different ways to word that riddle, each with a different answer. Here's the link to a website with several versions of it.

Geez this thread grows fast!
Versac, the question was written wrong. The way you wrote it was "there are three words in the english language that end in -GRY. Two are angry and hungry." This is an incorrect way of stating the problem. The way I wrote it is correct.
I understand what you're saying, and NO! I was NOT using the version that focuses on the literal phrase 'the english language'. This question actually has a definite, single, answer.

There are three words in the English language that end in 'gry'.
One is 'angry' and the other is 'hungry.'
If I were to say the third word, everyone would understand it, and what it stands for.
Everyone uses them, and if you listened very carefully, I've given you the third word.
Hints:
  • The first statement is not literally true
  • It helps to say it out loud
  • This version has been slightly changed to make it easier
I'll post the answer later tonipght when PI get to a ;keyboard that work;s and don't have to edipt everythping IP wrpite.

EDIT: Yhea, the answer's on the page Dakare linked to. My bad.

back to the twin question..... could it be that they were born on different dates? if one was born on tuesday and the other one was born a week later on tuesday...it would be the same day but not the same date.

back to the twin question..... could it be that they were born on different dates? if one was born on tuesday and the other one was born a week later on tuesday...it would be the same day but not the same date.

I think the answer is that they're triplets.

The answer is that they're triplets. If you remember I said "same day, same month, same year".

ok dakar ...
were there 2 girls and one boy? because u did say triplits as they answer but u only mentioned 2 of the 3 people.

ok i have a riddle i got off this random site and i think it may take u guys a while to find out

I am slim and tall, Many find me desirable and appealing. They touch me and I give a false good feeling. Once I shine in splendor, But only once and then no more. For many I am "to die for". What am I?

post the answer soon

That's what makes it a riddle. The third triplet doesn't have to be a boy, they could be a girl. It's just the way it goes.

Back