• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Wii Information Revealed Discussion

lol Zeroth :). I just went to Ebgames today to reserve the Wii and Twilight Princess. Ebgames isn't taking pre-orders yet, and won't until October :(. However, they are pre-ordering both the Wii and GC versions of Twilight Princess. I put down $40 to make my life easier on the 19th.

Very Very Very Very Very to the tenth power times a million.

if that clears things up :D

Accualy they will be the worst of the next gen consoles, not that that means bad.

Actually, we don't know that yet :p. The specs of the graphic card have not been revealed, and probably won't until IGN performs testing on it. Your asumption is most likely correct though seeing how Nintendo has taken their stance in this department. Either way it is confirmed that the graphic level is at minimum about 4x better then the GCNs and includes a great deal of next-gen features that we see such as bloom lighting. Of course, that doesn't matter all too much, look at the PS2 as a prime example. The most underpowered system of the last generation, but still the most popular ;).

btw, just to throw it in, my Wii fund is at $350, I spent $40 for the TP reservation, and will spend $250 to just buy the console months in advance...which leaves me enough for another controller in the end :p.

i think the graphics are good ^^

haha
but im taking that from the screen shots

haha
currently, im saving up for a wii
and my grand total so far is
ten freaking dollars

i just found out the graphics... this is a quote from gamespot: "Nintendo's hardware won't let it run with the big boys when it comes to powering high-resolution displays like HDTVs. While the Xbox 360 renders graphics at 1280x720 (or 720p), and Sony claims that the PlayStation 3 will render at 1920x1080 (or 1080p), the Wii will output at 853x480 (or 480p). The good news--you won't need a brand-new HDTV to take full advantage of the Wii."

i just found out the graphics... this is a quote from gamespot: "Nintendo's hardware won't let it run with the big boys when it comes to powering high-resolution displays like HDTVs. While the Xbox 360 renders graphics at 1280x720 (or 720p), and Sony claims that the PlayStation 3 will render at 1920x1080 (or 1080p), the Wii will output at 853x480 (or 480p). The good news--you won't need a brand-new HDTV to take full advantage of the Wii."

I believe that that is the screen resolution :D We need the processing power and details on the graphics card ;)

oh... lol

one last question and im done being annoying(maybe 2:p )...

I went on the official wii site and it said this...

feature_title_network.gif
The Wii console communicates wirelessly with the Internet via IEEE 802.11 or a USB 2.0 LAN adaptor. Wii also can connect wirelessly with Nintendo DS.

What does it mean by it can connect to the ds?

And what is the point of the "classic controller"?

This means that the Wii has a built in WiFi component. If you have a wireless router, the Wii can connect online wirelessly without the need of a LAN cable. The DS can also connect to the Wii wirelessly for online play. That means that for those of you who dont have wireless router or the USB thingy, you can play on the internet with your DS via Wii! :D

Yeah I'm glad for that because if i tried doing that my house would fall down. Crushing my wii (and me too but the wii is more important)

P.S i see your wii fund is at 400 good job! (i think im gonna have to copy you with that idea :p )

Not really... They might be roughly $55-$60 for the games. Nintendo hasn't told me anything, except for the release date for the Wii. I will keep checking and asking for the games' price.

uh im not sure what you mean by that or who you are answering but If you are talking about nintendo published games they are supposed to be on or below 49.99. third party companies can choose their own price.

I do know that first party Wii games *games made by Nintendo* will not excede $50. ZeldaGuardian's assumption of $55 could be correct for some third party developers though, we'll have to wait and see. I know when I reserved Twilight Princess for the Wii the price for the full game was $50 :p.

I AM really interested in the wii store! is anyone else? I wanna get a bunch of the old games like super smash bros. and zelda.

I AM really interested in the wii store! is anyone else? I wanna get a bunch of the old games like super smash bros. and zelda.
Unfortunately, we have to wait for SSMB for another 6 months. Still it is sweet. Im gonna put up a suggestions for SSMB thread in Nintendo.

Now go pray at the alter of Mario.

aww pooie. Its enough i have to wait 2 long and painful months!!! How do you know this? is there a site i can go on? im obsessed with the wii and i want to take in as much information possible until i explode!!

Back