• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

The Official Zeldasages Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The American Political Madrun

This video explains my point about issues with our overall economy in relation to Social Security. Imagine the greater burden Universal Healthcare will place on everyone!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KGpY2hw7ao8

Just a note, the end of the video tells you to vote for Ron Paul...don't vote for Ron Paul, you'll be throwing away your ballot at this point :D. The footage is produced by 60 minutes though, so it's still a great video overall ;).

Lol, I like the picture at 8:52.

But seriously, Universal Healthcare would screw us up, just like Social Security is going to. I think we seriously need to cut back on programs, and figure out a way to get rid of a vast majority of the agencies under the executive branch. They take up way too much money, and some don't even do anything anymore.

And that's why we need to end the war fairly quickly. It's using up too much money, and not much of it is going back into the American economy. Now, I'm not saying we need to pull troops out right away, because that would be bad, but it really needs to end soon.

But if they go on with the gun control, we won't be able to do that. They're just doing everything to protect themselves.

But seriously, anarchy is bad. It would only work if the human mindset allowed it, just like communism.

I like what James Madison stated in Federalist 51

"If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary."

I learned something from AP US Government :D.

No, we'll be able to overthrow the government, since they are scared of the US citizens and anarchy. They only care about their own defenses. They do have guns, but if we build an army big enough, we can destroy the government. Plus, anarchy would be better than a government and more fun.

Yeah, socialized healthcare = bad idea. I had a nice fun debate with demoncrat once and she beat me because she said doctors would be motivated to compete against each other but I forgot that they would be paid very less. If it hasn't worked anywhere else, I don't see how these people can think it will work here.

I don't think you guys understand my point... I don't care how they were raised- the vicious acts that these terrorists commit are animal-like. I don't think a normal human being hijacks planes and send them into buildings just for fun. Going to work, going to school, etc. are not considered animal-like acts.

We are not illegal aliens. Our ansectors (hopefully) came to this country legally, applied for citizenship the normal way, and payed taxes like the rest of normal Americans. So I don't see where that came from. These millions of illegal immigrants invade our country, infest our schools, and occupy our jails. So much tax money is going to pay to these "people" and then you wonder how we're losing so much money. Of course, the wonderfully executed war in Iraq has helped that as well. So you see, these illegal immigrants are comparable to rats, as there are a lot of them and they like to steal cheese (tax dollars) and how they like to ruin our country through their criminal actions.

No, we'll be able to overthrow the government, since they are scared of the US citizens and anarchy. They only care about their own defenses. They do have guns, but if we build an army big enough, we can destroy the government. Plus, anarchy would be better than a government and more fun.
Government is great but it can't control our lives.

I am begining to wonder about when the revolting will start because it will and I will not stop it the Goverment is decadent and as long as we can bear arms it's not too late...

anyone that knows me knows I loved this once great nation but it is hard to now with all the corruption steming from the Liberal parties

I am begining to wonder about when the revolting will start because it will and I will not stop it the Goverment is decadent and as long as we can bear arms it's not too late...

anyone that knows me knows I loved this once great nation but it is hard to now with all the corruption steming from the Liberal parties

Wow you are a genius.

I'm in awe.

Your ideas are completely original and not at all disproved by history.

And "Liberal parties" is a statement with a clear and real meaning, not something nonsensical that you just made up.

Yeah, socialized healthcare = bad idea. I had a nice fun debate with demoncrat once and she beat me because she said doctors would be motivated to compete against each other but I forgot that they would be paid very less. If it hasn't worked anywhere else, I don't see how these people can think it will work here.

I don't think you guys understand my point... I don't care how they were raised- the vicious acts that these terrorists commit are animal-like. I don't think a normal human being hijacks planes and send them into buildings just for fun. Going to work, going to school, etc. are not considered animal-like acts.

We are not illegal aliens. Our ansectors (hopefully) came to this country legally, applied for citizenship the normal way, and payed taxes like the rest of normal Americans. So I don't see where that came from. These millions of illegal immigrants invade our country, infest our schools, and occupy our jails. So much tax money is going to pay to these "people" and then you wonder how we're losing so much money. Of course, the wonderfully executed war in Iraq has helped that as well. So you see, these illegal immigrants are comparable to rats, as there are a lot of them and they like to steal cheese (tax dollars) and how they like to ruin our country through their criminal actions.

Government is great but it can't control our lives.
First of all, socialized health care works, just with questionable efficiency.

Second, terrorists don't blow things up for fun, they do it for religion because they think it's right.

Third, illegal immigrants don't get sent to jail, they all get deported to Mexico with the rest of America's trash. And they don't "ruin our country through their criminal actions", they play a huge part in the well-being of the economy, especially by taking jobs you great, superior Americans don't want. Also, the government pays nothing to illegal immigrants, they don't get healthcare or anything so I don't know what your point was in that speech.

Romney's dropped out.

To add on to our list of topics what do you guys think of Stem Cell Research and the current candidates views on it?

Like I said, everything would be a lot easier without the government. chaotic, but a lot easier.

Romney's dropped out.

To add on to our list of topics what do you guys think of Stem Cell Research and the current candidates views on it?
They made a breakthrough in stem cell research: it can now be taken from an adult's skin.

I don't think it's too big of an issue anymore.

I'm pretty neutral on this issue. I heard about taking the cells from adult skin and that's definitely better then having to take human embryos... eeew.

First of all, socialized health care works, just with questionable efficiency.

Second, terrorists don't blow things up for fun, they do it for religion because they think it's right.

Third, illegal immigrants don't get sent to jail, they all get deported to Mexico with the rest of America's trash. And they don't "ruin our country through their criminal actions", they play a huge part in the well-being of the economy, especially by taking jobs you great, superior Americans don't want. Also, the government pays nothing to illegal immigrants, they don't get healthcare or anything so I don't know what your point was in that speech.
First of all, we have one of the greatest health care system in the world and there's no need to change it.

Second, that's not the point- i dont care if they think it's right. It is still wrong.

Third... hmm...
they play a huge part in the well-being of the economy, especially by taking jobs you great, superior Americans don't want
Yeah, we have a great economy. Americans may not want them, they need them... don't you think that would decrease the unemployment? These illegals come in, get paid, and send the money back to their homeland... making the dollar even weaker.

Wow you are a genius.

I'm in awe.

Your ideas are completely original and not at all disproved by history.

And "Liberal parties" is a statement with a clear and real meaning, not something nonsensical that you just made up.

edited for biter sarcasam is it well then I am sorry but I was merly stateing my belives on the subject at hand

I'm pretty neutral on this issue. I heard about taking the cells from adult skin and that's definitely better then having to take human embryos... eeew.

First of all, we have one of the greatest health care system in the world and there's no need to change it.

Second, that's not the point- i dont care if they think it's right. It is still wrong.

Third... hmm...

Yeah, we have a great economy. Americans may not want them, they need them... don't you think that would decrease the unemployment? These illegals come in, get paid, and send the money back to their homeland... making the dollar even weaker.
It's not wrong to the people that do it, it's the rightest thing in the world.

These illegals don't just come in, get paid, and send the money to their "homeland". They live in America paying taxes out of their already low wages and don't get anything like health care or public education.

Also, how can you back up your statement that American healthcare is the best in the world? Where's your facts, there are a lot of people who would say otherwise.

And the dollar isn't weak, if I'm not mistaken it's only second to the Euro.

It's not wrong to the people that do it, it's the rightest thing in the world.
For the 3rd/4th time... i don't care if it's right to them. It is still animal-like so I can call them whatever I want.

They live in America paying taxes out of their already low wages and don't get anything like health care or public education.
Yeah, okay............ sure.

Where's your facts, there are a lot of people who would say otherwise.
Well, we've established that universal health care is a mess... and all of Europe is universally health-cared... so hopefully you get the picture.

And the dollar isn't weak, if I'm not mistaken it's only second to the Euro.
The dollar is gradually getting weaker to the Euro.

They made a breakthrough in stem cell research: it can now be taken from an adult's skin.

I don't think it's too big of an issue anymore.
I hate to break this to everyone, but it doesn't work. Oh sure, it's possible to return the skin cells to a embryonic stem cell state. The only problem is, the technique removes the density-dependent regulation mechanisms in the cells. Or, for the not-as-scientifically-inclined, this makes the cells cancerous. In essence, we've made a form of cancer with an exponential growth rate and no upper limits on replication. What a breakthrough.

Now before anybody says all we have to do is refine the procedure to not use the dangerous compounds, I'm just going to throw out there that this statement is akin to saying "We need rain without clouds." Theoretically possible? Sure. Anywhere near actually possible? Nope.

Another breakthrough would be nice, but so far this changes nothing.

For the 3rd/4th time... i don't care if it's right to them. It is still animal-like so I can call them whatever I want.

Yeah, okay............ sure.

Well, we've established that universal health care is a mess... and all of Europe is universally health-cared... so hopefully you get the picture.

The dollar is gradually getting weaker to the Euro.
Just because you think it's wrong, doesn't mean it is.

You're being totally close minded, I just explained to you why illegal immigration isn't as bad as it sounds and you're denying it without any facts.

Social health care isn't a mess. If you think Europe's health care is a mess you need to open your eyes a hell of a lot more.

The dollar isn't invaluble enough for you to complain about it's value going down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back